Reposted, now with FF links
I literally grew up on this recording. I have easily played it over a 100 times if not more.
# Composer: Peter Tchaikowsky
# Performer: Van Cliburn
# Orchestra: Symphony Orchestra
# Conductor: Kyrill Kondraschin
# Vinyl (1958)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: RCA
# DR-Analysis: DR 14
# ASIN CD: B0002TKFRC
# Size: 650 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Did Cliburn play this concerto as well as Richter? No. No, he didn’t. But nobody played as well as Richter. He was unique. Of all of those who were not Richter, Cliburn played this phenomenal Russian concerto about as well as it can be done, with substantial technique and a wonderful feel for the emotional content of the music. It has been over fifty years since these recordings, and everyone knows how remarkable it is.
Analyzed folder: /96kTch_PP1_Clib/96k Tchaikowsky – Piano Concerto No. 1 – Cliburn
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR15 -0.12 dB -20.96 dB A First Movement-Allegro Non Troppo E Molto Maestoso.wav
DR14 -3.61 dB -30.78 dB B1 Second Movement-Andantino Semplice.wav
DR13 -1.45 dB -20.12 dB B2 Third Movement-Allegro Con Fuoco.wav
Number of files: 3
Official DR value: DR14
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- System: Limited Edition Denon DL 103 SA
- Phono stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory