Reposted, now with FF links
# Composer: Sergej Rachmaninov
# Performer: Sheila Armstrong, Robert Tear, John Shirley-Quirk
# Orchestra: London Symphony Orchestra
# Conductor: André Previn
# Vinyl (1976)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: EMI
# ASIN: B00000DR1U
# Size: 822 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
This recording of Rachmaninov’s The Bells is excellent. An admirer had suggested Rachmaninov set Edgar Allan Poe’s poem, The Bells, to music. Poe’s poem dealt with four important life experiences as expressed in the sounds of different bells (silver – youth, gold – marriage, brass – war, iron – mourning). Rachmaninov set them as a four-movement choral piece, wonderfully capturing the different sounds and moods.
It’s a great piece of music and Previn does a great job of highlighting the contrasting movements. The soloists are likewise all excellent – sensitively relaying the differing moods of their respective movements.
|The Bells – Based on the poem by Edgar Allan Poe
|A1||Allegro ma non troppo||6:36|
|B3||Vocalise Op. 34 No. 14||6:36|
Analyzed folder: /Users/alfredo/Desktop/ HiResMusic/96k Rachmaninov – The Bells/96k Rachmaninov – The Bells
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR12 -1.78 dB -19.54 dB A1 Rachmaninov – The Bells – Allegro ma non troppo.wav
DR15 -2.54 dB -23.23 dB A2 Rachmaninov – The Bells – Lento.wav
DR10 -0.90 dB -15.48 dB B1 Rachmaninov – The Bells – Presto.wav
DR14 -1.76 dB -21.76 dB B2 Rachmaninov – The Bells – Lento Lugubre.wav
DR13 -6.14 dB -23.88 dB B3 Rachmaninov – Vocalise Op34 No14.wav
Number of files: 5
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- System: Limited Edition Denon DL 103 SA
- Phono stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory