A true Mercury-Recording, brought on 180g Virgin Vinyl to you by Speakers Corner from 2010
Since they were first issued, Sviatoslov Richter’s Liszt Piano Concerti have been widely admired as the finest performances available, and for most listeners they still are. Now they have been remastered by none other than Wilma Cozart Fine, Mercury Living Presence’s goddess of the sound console, and they have come up sounding better than ever. Even if you hate Liszt, hate concertos, hate pianos, hate Russians, hate music in general, you should own and treasure (or punish yourself regularly) with this recording. –David Hurwitz
# Composer: Franz Liszt
# Performer: Sviatoslav Richter
# Orchestra: London Symphony Orchestra
# Conductor: Kyril Kondrashin
# Vinyl (1961/2010)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: Philips
# DR-Analysis: DR 12
# Size: 1.48 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Franz Liszt had written an enomous piano works, including Rhapsodies, Waltzes, Préludes, Annees de Pelerinage, Etudes, Transcriptions, Symphonic Poems… And the number of works goes to the thousands. But he just wrote two concertos. I believe they are some of most beautiful concertos in classical.
When talk about Liszt, people often think about V. Horowitz, J. Bolet, E. Szegedi, or G. Cziffra. Even some famous pianists said “Noone can’t play Liszt like Horowitz”. It could be true, but not with these concertos. Richter had made a legendary record with outstanding technique. Comparing to Argerich, Cziffra and Horowitz, Richter played more dramatically and gently. Especially in concerto N. 1, Adagios, every notes like drops of crystal. Performed with Kiril Kondrashin and London Symphony Orchestra, this is a must have recording in your collection.
Analyzed folder: /192k Liszt – Piano Concerti No. 1+2 – Richter
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR12 -1.81 dB -19.53 dB A1 Piano Concerto No.1 In E Flat, S.124 – 1. Allegro Maestoso.wav
DR14 -4.99 dB -26.12 dB A2 Piano Concerto No.1 In E Flat, S.124 – 2. Quasi Adagio.wav
DR11 -3.22 dB -19.74 dB A3 Piano Concerto No.1 In E Flat, S.124 – 3. Allegretto Vivace – Allegro Animato.wav
DR12 -0.20 dB -16.77 dB A4 Piano Concerto No.1 In E Flat, S.124 – 4. Allegro Marziale Animato.wav
DR12 -1.70 dB -18.15 dB B1 Piano Concerto No.2 In A, S.125 – 1. Adagio Sostenuto Assai – Allegro Agitato Assai.wav
DR14 -5.27 dB -25.82 dB B2 Piano Concerto No.2 In A, S.125 – 2. Allegro Moderato.wav
DR11 -0.54 dB -16.48 dB B3 Piano Concerto No.2 In A, S.125 – 3. Allegro Deciso – Marziale Un Poco Meno Allegro.wav
DR10 -0.30 dB -13.89 dB B4 Piano Concerto No.2 In A, S.125 – 4. Allegro Animato.wav
Number of files: 8
Official DR value: DR12
- Composed By – Franz Liszt
- Conductor – Kyril Kondrashin
- Design [Cover] – George Maas
- Engineer [Co-Engineer] – Robert Eberenz
- Engineer [Recording] – C. R. Fine
- Liner Notes – Irving Kolodin
- Orchestra – London Symphony Orchestra
- Piano – Sviatoslav Richter
- Recorded By [Recording Director], Design [Cover] – Wilma Cozart
- Supervised By [Musical Supervisor], Edited By [Film Editor], Photography By – Harold Lawrence
- Transferred By [Film-To-Disc Transfer] – George Piros
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: Audio Technica AT 33 E MC
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Vintage (1979) Luxman L-55A
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 0.7 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory