Audiophile gem (limited edition, direct-to-disc) from my own collection
The Sheffield/Leinsdorf sessions are well known among audiophiles, as they were originally recorded direct to disc, with a master tape safety backup. The frequency bandwidth is exceptional. The performances of these Wagner selections are excellent. Sheffield Lab has been out of business for a few years, so I’d recommend that you grab this while it’s still available. Sheffield direct-to-disc recordings were THE hot demo records in every audio salon. After suffering through countless listening sessions featuring Lincoln Mayorga, Harry James, and Dave Grusin, I was thrilled when Sheffield actually released an orchestral recording–Erich Leinsdorf conducting the Los Angeles Philharmonic in a performance of excerpts from Wagner’s operas. Great music in great sound!
Composer: Richard Wagner
Orchestra: Los Angeles Philarmonic Orchestra
Conductor: Erich Leinsdorf
Number of Discs: 1
Label: Sheffield Lab
Size: 1.19 GB
|A1||Ride Of The Valkyries||5:00|
|Tristan Und Isolde|
|A2||Prelude To Act 1 (Concert Ending)||10:52|
|B1||Siegfried’s Funeral Music||7:47|
Analyzed folder: /192k Wagner – Music From Operas – Leinsdorf
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR14 -0.63 dB -18.48 dB A1 Die Walkuere – Ride Of The Valkyries.aif
DR16 -1.62 dB -25.05 dB A2 Tristan Und Isolde – Prelude To Act 1 (Concert Ending).aif
DR15 -0.65 dB -22.30 dB B1 Goetterdaemmerung – Siegfried’s Funeral Music.aif
DR15 -1.07 dB -24.94 dB B2 Siegfried – Forest Murmurs.aif
Number of files: 4
Official DR value: DR15
- Composed By – Richard Wagner
- Conductor – Erich Leinsdorf
- Design – John Rosenkranz
- Design, Photography By – Christina Farley
- Engineer – Bud Wyatt
- Liner Notes – William Malloch
- Orchestra – Los Angeles Philharmonic
- Producer, Engineer, Liner Notes – Doug Sax
- Producer, Liner Notes – Lincoln Mayorga
Recorded: July 18th & 20th, 1977 at M.G.M. Studios (Culver City, California).
℗© 1978 Sheffield Lab, Inc.Stereo Grammy Nomination for Engineering Excellence.
USA Release. Gatefold cover with 12-page booklet.
Manufactured in Germany stamped in deadwax.
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory, 3 archives