I have many versions of the Four Seasons but in my opinion this is like being in the Audience! There is something about the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra under Schwarz, with Elmar Oliveira the violin soloist and as a person who spent many years in the Pro Audio Business i know a good recording when i hear one. Maybe it’s the Auditorium in this case “The Bridges” in Claremont California. Wonderful stuff, get it while you still can, and you will see what i mean.
# Composer: Antonio Vivaldi
# Performer: Elmar Oliveira
# Orchestra: Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
# Conductor: Gerard Schwarz
# Vinyl (1980)
# Number of discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: Delos
# DR-Analysis: DR 13
# ASIN CD: B0000006V5
# Size: 845 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
|La Primavera (Spring) Concerto No. 1 In E Major (P. 241)||10:11|
|L’Estate (Summer) Concerto No. 2 In G Minor (P. 336)||10:04|
|A4||I. Allegro Non Molto||5:15|
|L’Autunno (Autumn) Concerto No. 3 In F Major (P. 257)||10:29|
|B2||II. Adagio Molto||2:41|
|L’Inverno (Winter) Concerto No. 4 In F Minor (P. 442)||8:37|
|B4||I. Allegro Non Molto||3:16|
Analyzed folder: /96kAV_4S(Oli)/96k Vivaldi – 4 Stagioni – Schwarz-Olivera
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -1.60 dB -18.95 dB A1 La Primavera (Spring) Concerto No. 1 In E Major – I. Allegro.wav
DR13 -10.40 dB -30.01 dB A2 La Primavera (Spring) Concerto No. 1 In E Major – II. Largo.wav
DR13 -0.61 dB -17.65 dB A3 La Primavera (Spring) Concerto No. 1 In E Major – III. Allegro.wav
DR14 -0.66 dB -20.60 dB A4 L’Estate (Summer) Concerto No. 2 In G Minor – I. Allegro Non Molto.wav
DR13 -5.43 dB -24.64 dB A5 L’Estate (Summer) Concerto No. 2 In G Minor – II. Adagio.wav
DR13 -0.46 dB -16.45 dB A6 L’Estate (Summer) Concerto No. 2 In G Minor – III. Presto.wav
DR14 -3.42 dB -21.22 dB B1 L’Autunno (Autumn) Concerto No. 3 In F Major – I. Allegro.wav
DR11 -16.34 dB -30.85 dB B2 L’Autunno (Autumn) Concerto No. 3 In F Major – II. Adagio Molto.wav
DR14 -0.67 dB -17.95 dB B3 L’Autunno (Autumn) Concerto No. 3 In F Major – III. Allegro.wav
DR13 -2.26 dB -21.22 dB B4 L’Inverno (Winter) Concerto No. 4 In F Minor – I. Allegro Non Molto.wav
DR13 -11.64 dB -28.66 dB B5 L’Inverno (Winter) Concerto No. 4 In F Minor – II. Largo.wav
DR13 -1.00 dB -20.27 dB B6 L’Inverno (Winter) Concerto No. 4 In F Minor – III. Allegro.wav
Number of files: 12
Official DR value: DR13
- Co-producer – Joanna Nickrenz, Marc Aubort*
- Composed By – Vivaldi
- Design – Tri-Arts, Inc.
- Directed By [Music Director] – Gerard Schwarz
- Engineer [Disk Mastering Engineer] – Bruce Leek
- Engineer [Recording Engineer] – Marc Aubort*
- Executive-Producer – Amelia Haygood*
- Liner Notes – Amelia Haygood*
- Orchestra – Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra, The
- Photography By [Cover Photos] – Ken Veeder
- Photography By [Liner Photos] – Jack Mitchell (3), Ken Veeder
- Recorded By [Digital Recording], Edited By, Mastered By – Bruce Rothaar, Jules Bloomenthal, Richard Feldman*, Thomas Stockham
- Violin – Elmar Oliveira
Manufactured in Japan
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: Ortofon Virtus Cartridge: Audio Technica AT 33 E MC
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Vintage (1979) Luxman L-55A
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 0.7 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory