Many thanks to our friend Jean-Luc for this beauty
My friends, you know about all the things in life that are simply the truth and you cannot do anything but to accept it: sun rises up, every day – earth is not a plate – Sir Georg Solti and Decca made the best Wagner-cycle and Mahler-cycle on earth. Period! Solti does a very fine job here, and having heard many other recordings of the 4th Symphony I still place this disc near the top. Of course, the exquisite music, especially the third movement,is the real focus here, but Solti does a admirable job. To me, this is one of Mahler’s greatest works, rivalling the 5th & 9th Symphonies, or, Das Lied von der Erde.
Composer: Gustav Mahler
Performer: Violin [Solo] – Steven Staryk, Soprano Vocals [Solo] – Sylvia Stahlman
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 15
Size: 2.0 GB
|A1||Bedächtig, Nicht Eilen||15:47|
|A2||In Gemächlicher Bewegung||8:45|
Analyzed folder: /192k Mahler – Symphony 4 – Solti
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR14 -0.55 dB -20.06 dB A1 Symphony No. 4 In G Major – 1, Heiter, Bedaechtig, Nicht Eilen.aif
DR14 -7.19 dB -26.61 dB A2 Symphony No. 4 In G Major – 2, In Gemaechlicher Bewegung (Violin, Steven Staryk).aif
DR16 -0.73 dB -22.50 dB B1 Symphony No. 4 In G Major – 3, Ruhevoll.aif
DR15 -5.65 dB -26.81 dB B2 Symphony No. 4 In G Major – 4, Sehr Behaglich (Soprano, Sylvia Stahlman).aif
Number of files: 4
Official DR value: DR15
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
My rips are almost rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory