Captured in 32 bit/384 kHz
All thanks for this audiophile gem go to Dagote
This is one of the best recodings ever with this duo: AAM & Sir Christopher Hogwood. The sound quality of this recording is superb. The repertoire is magnificently selected for this group of concertos, including some less usual ones, as the Concerto Polonois. Hogwood and AAM exhibit a very precise and most melodic reading, with perfect tempi, according to the main features of the orchestra, besides the use of epoch instruments. The selection is so good that it’s hard to choose a preferred or a major piece. Known as a tremendously prolific composer, Georg Phillip Telemann paid the price for putting J. S. Bach on lower platforms at their times: after his death, Telemann became regarded as a “minor composer”. But nothing as giving time time. Here, we can hear some of the best Telemann in a very common baroque form: the double concerto. Strongly recommended.
Audiophile factor: very high!
Composer: Georg Philipp Telemann
Orchestra: The Academy Of Ancient Music
Conductor: Christopher Hogwood
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 14
Size: 2.15 GB
|Concerto In D Major For 3 Trumpets||(8:51)|
|Quadro In B Flat Major||(6:14)|
|Concerto In E Minor For Recorder & Flute||(14:00)|
|B1.1||I. Dolce — Allegro|
|Concerto For Flute, Oboe D’Amore & Viola D’Amore In E Major||(15:45)|
Analyzed Folder: /192k Telemann – Double and Triple Concerti – Hogwood
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR14 -0.57 dB -18.30 dB A1 Concerto In D Major For 3 Trumpets.flac
DR14 -7.49 dB -25.47 dB A2 Quadro In B Flat Major.flac
DR14 -1.68 dB -20.89 dB A3 Concerto In E Minor For Recorder and Flute.flac
DR14 -0.89 dB -19.67 dB B1 Concerto Polonois.flac
DR14 -0.44 dB -19.23 dB B2 Concerto For Flute, Oboe D’Amore and Viola D’Amore In E Major.flac
Number of Files: 5
Official DR Value: DR14
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section.
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX 5 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.18
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removed, never de-noising
- Wave 32/192(32/384) —> Flac 24/96(24/192): Twisted Wave 1.18
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciated.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !