Many thanks to our friend Jean-Luc for this marvellous record
Yet for my money this disc is “where it’s at,” to use street slang. Dorati gives us stunning clarity and some real insights into a work that’s a lot more complex than other recordings will have you realize. There are inner details revealing Bartok’s complex cross-rhythms that often get lost in the frenzy of brass and percussion in many performances. Amazingly, this recording is as powerful and, well, “loud” as any other, yet all the delicate detail shows through. You’ll hear lines you never heard before, and discover phrases to be make up of combinations of instruments you didn’t realize.
# Composer: Bela Bartok
# Orchestra: Philarmonia Hungarica
# Conductor: Antal Dorati
# Vinyl 1959
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac (Tracks)
# Label: Mercury
# DR-Analysis: DR 13
# Size: 1.4 GB
# Scan: Yes
# Server: FF
Analyzed folder: /192k Bartok – Dance Suite – Dorati
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR14 -1.06 dB -23.17 dB A1 Dance Suite, Sz. 77 – 1. Moderato.aif
DR12 -1.69 dB -18.61 dB A2 Dance Suite, Sz. 77 – 2. Allegro molto.aif
DR12 -0.97 dB -18.04 dB A3 Dance Suite, Sz. 77 – 3. Allegro vivace.aif
DR14 -13.89 dB -32.16 dB A4 Dance Suite, Sz. 77 – 4. Molto tranquillo.aif
DR14 -0.36 dB -19.45 dB A5 Dance Suite, Sz. 77 – 5. Comodo – 6. Finale (Allegro).aif
DR15 -3.16 dB -24.31 dB B1 Two Portraits For Orchestra – No. 1, ‘Ideal’.aif
DR13 -0.82 dB -18.61 dB B2 Two Portraits For Orchestra – No. 2 ‘Distorted.aif
DR11 -3.95 dB -21.38 dB B3 Two Excerpts From ‘Mikrokosmos’ – Bourree (No. 117, Book IV).aif
DR13 -3.94 dB -23.05 dB B4 Two Excerpts From ‘Mikrokosmos’ – From The Diary Of A Fly (No. 142, Book VI).aif
Number of files: 9
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
My rips are almost rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory