Thousand thanks to our friend Jean-Luc for this gem
In this one superlative disk you can hear why Dorati was considered one of Strauss’s greatest interpreters. Throughout his career, from the days of the Ballet Russe in the ’30s and ’40s to the Detroit Symphony recordings of the ’70s and ’80s, Dorati followed Strauss scholarship closely and shared his admiration of Strauss with audiences in stunning and communicative performances. These are from his Minneapolis years and the performances are knockouts. The maestro plays fair by the composer, but there’s an almost operatic type of scene organization that allows him to build drama and lead us through the ebbs and tides of Straussian psychology.
Audiophile factor: High
# Composer: Richard Strauss
# Orchestra: Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra
# Conductor: Antal Dorati
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 16
Size: 1.37 GB
Analyzed folder: /192k Strauss – Suite ‘Rosenkavalier’, Till Eulenspiegel – Dorati
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR15 -0.37 dB -23.83 dB A ‘Der Rosenkavalier’ Suite.aif
DR17 -0.88 dB -24.11 dB B Till Eulenspiegels Lustige Streiche.aif
Number of files: 2
Official DR value: DR16
- Art Direction – Ton Friesen
- Composed By – Richard Strauss
- Conductor – Antal Dorati
- Engineer [Associate] – Robert Eberenz
- Engineer [Chief], Technician [Technical Supervisor] – C. Robert Fine
- Liner Notes [Editing] – Sedgwick Clark
- Mastered By – Andrew Nicholas
- Orchestra – Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra
- Photography By – Henry Ries
- Photography By [Dorati] – Jacques Aubert
- Producer – Wilma Cozart
- Recording Supervisor [Recording Director] – David Hall
- Supervised By [Musical Supervisor] – Clair Van Ausdall
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super-light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory