Reposted – now with FF links
These „Pictures“ are not, as you may think, orchestrated by Ravel, but by Vladimir Ashkenazy. A little bit different, here and there, as in the Ravel orchestration, but a really fantastic work.
# Composer: Modest Mussorgsky, Alexander Borodin, Vladimir Ashkenazy
# Orchestra: Philarmonia Orchestra
# Conductor: Vladimir Ashkenazy
# Vinyl (1983)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: Decca
# DR-Analysis: DR 13
# Size: 813 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
While most of us are familiar with the Ravel arrangement, and love the subtleties he worked into the Russian composer’s creation, this remains essentially a Russian composition, not French Impressionist. Listen to Boris Godunov and you will hear the style of Mussorgy’s compostions, and Askenazy recaptured this in his interpretation. While some might prefer the Ravel orchestration due to familiarity, this recording is enlightening in its bombast and depth of color that characterizes Mussorgy’s music, and Askenazy’s goal of revealing more of the composer was definately achieved.
Analyzed folder: /96k Mussorgsky-Ashkenazy – Pictures at an exhibition
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR15 -0.07 dB -21.16 dB A Mussorgsky-Pictures – Beginning To ‘Cum Mortuis In Lingua Mortua’.wav
DR12 -0.22 dB -16.66 dB B1 Mussorgsky-Pictures – Conclusion From ‘The Hut On Chicken Legs’.wav
DR12 -0.44 dB -18.14 dB B2 Borodin-Prince Igor – Polovetsian Dance.wav
Number of files: 3
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II + Special Edition Denon DL 103 -> Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5 -> Wave 32 bit/96 kHz
- Light de-Clicking with ClickRepair, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
You hear some clicks and pops here and there?
I better let some light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- Converting Wave 32bit/96kHz -> Flac 24bit/96kHz: Twisted Wave
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory