Another Reference Recordings sonical wonder. The 2nd Suite will blow you away (DR 17).
Pay attention: Danger to become an audiophile addict is very high!
# Composer: Paul Chihara
# Orchestra: The Performing Arts Orchestra of San Francisco
# Conductor: Jean-Luis Leroux
# Vinyl (1982)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# DR-Analysis: DR 17
# Label: Reference Recordings
# ASIN: B00000156P
# Size: 1.17 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FF
William Shakespeare’s The Tempest is an enchanted island tale that focuses on a fledgling romance, the tensions that exist between noble and servant classes, and the often murky distinctions that separate illusion and reality. Completed by Shakespeare in 1611, The Tempest was adapted to into a full-length ballet (of the same name) and performed for the first time on May 13, 1980, by the San Francisco Ballet. American composer Paul Chihara wrote the music for The Tempest ballet by interpreting themes that were originally scored by the 17th century English composer Henry Purcell. Chihara’s composition slides in and out a multitude of styles and situations with graceful splendor. From ragtime songs played on clarinets and woodblocks to ominous pronouncements bristling with brass and strings, Chihara manages – despite the CD’s thirty-one cuts – to keep his work cohesive and focussed. Performed by The Performing Arts Orchestra under the direction of Jean-Louis LeRoux, this particular rendition of Chihara’s work is expertly played without feeling stiff or stilted (something that would have become apparent during the work’s more swinging sections). Chihara, who was the San Francisco Ballet’s Composer in Residence at the time of the ballet’s debut, has truly created a musical score that deserves to be in the same artistic league as Shakespeare’s The Tempest.
This rip is from March 2014
Analyzed folder: /96kChi_Tem(RR)/96k Chihara – The Tempest (RR)
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR17 -0.57 dB -24.46 dB A – A Suite From Act I.wav
DR16 -0.42 dB -22.13 dB B – A Suite From Act II.wav
Number of files: 2
Official DR value: DR17
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
DONATION ! If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls. Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory