Complete new rip with the new engines from 2014 and in 24/96
The real sensation here is the beautiful, angelic Liù/Barbara Hendricks
# Composer: Giacomo Puccini
# Performer: Katia Ricciarelli, Placido Domingo, Barbara Hendricks, Ruggiero Raimondi
# Orchestra: Vienna Philarmonic Orchestra
# Conductor: Herbert von Karajan
Number of Discs: 3
Label: Deutsche Grammophon
DR-Analysis: DR 14
Size: 2.63 GB
What a great TURANDOT this production could have become…if only there were another princess in front of the microphones…
Sorry, signora Ricciarelli, not bad, but there are better Turandots…
Enjoy the delicious and beautiful Barbara Hendricks, the old but always becoming better and better Ruggiero Raimondi and a Domingo in marvellous shape.
All this under the dramatic and secure directing hand of maestro von Karajan.
Is it possible to have a great Turandot recording without a great Turandot? This recording almost convinces you that’s the case. Whatever one makes of this fairy tale about a Chinese princess who beheads failed suitors, the score is among Puccini’s most sophisticated and forward looking, and never has that been more apparent in Herbert von Karajan’s interpretation. The opera unfolds in a magical blanket of orchestral sound (sumptuously rendered by Deutsche Grammophon’s engineers), full of details even the most seasoned Turandot admirers might’ve missed. Plácido Domingo as Calef and Barbara Hendricks as Liu are ideal casting. But Karajan’s tendency to cast light voices got the best of him: lyric soprano Katia Ricciarelli isn’t commanding enough on any level to be considered adequate in the title role.
Analyzed folder: /96k Puccini – Turandot – Domingo, Karajan
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR14 -0.41 dB -19.74 dB sideA.aif
DR14 -0.58 dB -21.29 dB sideB.aif
DR14 -0.52 dB -21.65 dB sideC.aif
DR13 -0.41 dB -19.00 dB sideD.aif
DR15 -0.25 dB -21.58 dB sideE.aif
DR12 -0.49 dB -17.04 dB sideF.aif
Number of files: 6
Official DR value: DR14
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super-light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Due to a strange digital error, please DL the fixed sideA and replace the old one with this newer.
Download from FileFactory