Merry Christmas everybody !!!!
Many thanks to our friend Jean-Luc
It is very difficult to maintain the serene objectivity and required tact when we are talking about Ferenc Fricsay. Specially when we have to mention one of the most reminded and well known Symphonic works that for so many years has engaged and captivated the great audiences all over the whole world. What Fricsay achieved with the hundred musicians of the Berlin was simply incredible. The performance is filled of undeniable vitality, sweeping energy, stylized phrasing and mercurial passion. Such evidence of fervor and emotive conviction to be true, I have never listened in any other recording recorded previously and pitifully recently.
# Composer: Antonin Dvorak
# Orchestra: Berlin Philarmonic Orchestra
# Conductor: Ferenc Fricsay
# Vinyl (1960, 2nd pressing 1966?)
# Number of discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: Deutsche Grammophon Gesellschaft
# DR-Analysis: DR 12
# Size: 1.68 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FF
|Symphony Nr. 9 E-Minor Op. 95 ‘From The New World’
|A1||1. Adagio – Allegro Molto||10:03|
|B1||3. Molto Vivace||8:17|
|B2||4. Allegro Con Fuoco||12:05|
Analyzed folder: /192k Dvorak – Symphony No. 5 (9) From The New World – Fricsay
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR10 -0.74 dB -16.31 dB A1 Symphony Nr. 9 E-Minor Op. 95 ‘From The New World’ – 1. Adagio – Allegro Molto.wav
DR13 -1.00 dB -20.83 dB A2 Symphony Nr. 9 E-Minor Op. 95 ‘From The New World’ – 2. Largo.wav
DR11 -1.90 dB -18.41 dB B1 Symphony Nr. 9 E-Minor Op. 95 ‘From The New World’ – 3. Molto Vivace.wav
DR10 -0.96 dB -15.39 dB B2 Symphony Nr. 9 E-Minor Op. 95 ‘From The New World’ – 4. Allegro Con Fuoco.wav
Number of files: 4
Official DR value: DR11
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: Audio Technica AT 33 E MC
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Vintage (1979) Luxman L-55A
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 0.7 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory