# Composer: Ludwig van Beethoven
# Performer: Wilhelm Kempff
# Orchestra: Berlin Philarmonic Orchestra
# Conductor: Ferdinand Leitner
# Vinyl (1963)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: FLAC (Tracks)
# Label: Deutsche Grammophon Gesellschaft
# DR-Analysis: DR 11
# ASIN: B000026DFH
# Size: 1.19 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Wilhelm Kempff was one of the great German pianists of the postwar period, and his two sets of Beethoven sonatas remain a standard by which all others are measured. He was not a flashy artist, nor was he grimly severe. Rather, he practiced a sort of natural eloquence of expression that made his Beethoven one of the most satisfying over the long haul. Individual moments may rarely leap out and grab you, but his performances leave a satisfying impression of completeness, as if no stone has been left unturned. These performances have been highly regarded since the early 1960s, and with good reason. They offer an admirable picture of Kempff as an artist, and the accompaniments are quite fine.
These are magnificient recordings of Beethoven’s great piano concertos that sound as though they were recorded yesterday thanks to Deutsche Grammophon’s state of the art mastering. Kempff’s splendid playing borders on the miraculous; his warm, compassionate performances are livelier than many others I’ve heard.
Leitner and the Berlin Philharmonic are enthusiastic accompanists to Kempff’s playing.
|Konzert Für Klavier Und Orchester Nr. 1 C-dur Op. 15|
|A||Allegro Con Brio||14:29|
|B2||Rondo. Allegro Scherzando||9:27|
Analyzed folder: /192kLvB_PC1_Kem/192k LvB – Piano Concerto No. 1 – Kempff
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -0.34 dB -18.92 dB A Allegro Con Brio.wav
DR14 -3.55 dB -23.55 dB B1 Largo.wav
DR13 -0.61 dB -18.99 dB B2 Rondo. Allegro Scherzando.wav
Number of files: 3
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Phono stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory