All thanks for this brand new jewel go to Jean-Luc
The veteran Borodin Quartet was strongly associated with Dmitri Shostakovich’s string quartets over several decades. Their experience and skill shows strongly in these two quartets, which certainly rank among the finest of the composer. The performance from the Borodin Quartet is simply excellent, at times great, and the recorded sonics are audiophile-level, making for a compelling release.
# Composer: Dmitri Shostakovich
# Performer: Borodin String Quartet
# Vinyl (1960/2009)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: Mercury/Speakers Corner
# DR-Analysis: DR 12
# Size: 1.68 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Analyzed folder: /192k Shostakovich – Quartets 4, 8 – Borodin String Quartet
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR10 -2.00 dB -18.26 dB A1 String Quartet No.4 in D major, Op.83 – 1. Allegretto.wav
DR12 -2.32 dB -20.63 dB A2 String Quartet No.4 in D major, Op.83 – 2. Andantino.wav
DR13 -3.80 dB -22.22 dB A3 String Quartet No.4 in D major, Op.83 – 3. Allegretto.wav
DR12 -0.77 dB -18.90 dB A4 String Quartet No.4 in D major, Op.83 – 4. Allegretto.wav
DR12 -9.71 dB -26.54 dB B1 String Quartet No.8 in C minor, Op.110 – 1. Largo.wav
DR11 -1.01 dB -15.12 dB B2 String Quartet No.8 in C minor, Op.110 – 2. Allegro molto.wav
DR14 -3.23 dB -23.04 dB B3 String Quartet No.8 in C minor, Op.110 – 3. Allegretto.wav
DR13 -3.04 dB -22.50 dB B4 String Quartet No.8 in C minor, Op.110 – 4. Largo.wav
DR12 -6.48 dB -23.91 dB B5 String Quartet No.8 in C minor, Op.110 – 5. Largo.wav
Number of files: 9
Official DR value: DR12
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Vintage (1979) Luxman L-55A
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 0.7 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory