Many thanks to my friend Mats for this gift
There is the Living Stereo version from 1954 of this work, recorded by Reiner for RCA, that became the most legendary and sonic superbe recording he ever made. Then there is this recording, 8 years later, also made for RCA Living Stereo. Ladies and Gentlemen, take your choice or simply enjoy!
# Composer: Richard Strauss
# Orchestra: Chicago Symphony Orchestra
# Conductor: Fritz Reiner
# Vinyl (1962/198?)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: RCA/MFSL
# DR-Analysis: DR 13
# Size: 1.38 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Analyzed folder: /192k Strauss – Also Sprach Zarathustra – Reiner 1962
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -0.80 dB -19.86 dB SeiteA.aif
DR13 -0.40 dB -19.06 dB SeiteB.aif
Number of files: 2
Official DR value: DR13
- Composed By – Richard Strauss
- Conductor – Fritz Reiner
- Engineer – Lewis Layton
- Orchestra – The Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Painting [Cover Painting] – C. MacNelly
- Producer – Richard Mohr
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 0.7 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory