Many thanks to our friend Jean-Luc for this beatiful vinyl
If you haven’t heard this ninth or its live counterpart, you haven’t heard Beethoven’s ninth at its very best. The difference consists partly in the fact that Klemperer lets the trombones and percussion play as they should, according to the score – i.e. clearly audible. Most other conductors tend to ignore this. On the present recording, the result is just amazing. The recording quality is very fine, despite its age. It is far better than many other, later recordings (e.g., Karajan’s). Compared with the live version from Testament.
# Composer: Ludwig van Beethoven
# Performer: Hans Hotter, Christa Ludwig, Aase Nordmo Lövberg, Waldemar Kmentt
# Orchestra: Philarmonia Orchestra
# Conductor: Otto Klemperer
# Vinyl (1958)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: Columbia
# DR-Analysis: DR: 14
# Size: 1.56 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Analyzed folder: /96k LvB – Symphony No. 9 – Klemperer
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -0.49 dB -18.34 dB A LvB – Symphony No. 9 – Mov. 1.wav
DR15 -0.16 dB -19.97 dB B LvB – Symphony No. 9 – Mov. 2.wav
DR17 -1.65 dB -23.00 dB C LvB – Symphony No. 9 – Mov. 3.wav
DR13 -0.40 dB -18.31 dB D LvB – Symphony No. 9 – Mov. 4.wav
Number of files: 4
Official DR value: DR14
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Vintage (1980) Marantz PM6
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 0.7 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory