Many thanks to our friend Jean-Luc for this gem
Many do not like Bernstein because of the dramatization he placed in the NYPO recordings. For a piece such as this, that drama brings out the real story behind the orchestration – Scheherezade entertaining her master, and thus saving her life, with wonderful stories. This recording from a few years ago is very good, if a little fast in Lenny’s interpretation. Wonderful music. Unfortunately there is a little “technical” error in the performance of the 4th pmovement. Do you hear it? Can you guess it? Keyword is: Cymbals at 7:20
# Composer: Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
# Orchestra – New York Philharmonic Orchestra
# Conductor – Leonard Bernstein
# Vinyl (1959)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: columbia
# DR-Analysis: DR: 14
# Size: 990 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Analyzed folder: /96k Rimsky-Korsakov – Scheherazade – Bernstein
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR12 -0.46 dB -17.50 dB A1 The Sea And Sinbads Ship.wav
DR14 -0.25 dB -19.29 dB A2 The Story Of The Kalender Prince.wav
DR15 -2.98 dB -24.25 dB B1 The Young Prince And The Young Princess.wav
DR14 -0.42 dB -19.48 dB B2 Festival In Bagdad – The Sea – The Ship Goes To Pieces On A Rock Surmounted By A Bronze Warrior.wav
Number of files: 4
Official DR value: DR14
- Composed By – Rimsky-Korsakov*
- Conductor – Leonard Bernstein
- Liner Notes – Charles Burr
- Liner Notes [Reprinted From ” My Musical Life “, Translated By] – Judah A. Joffe
- Liner Notes [Reprinted From ” My Musical Life “] – Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov
- Orchestra – New York Philharmonic, The*
- Photography By – Leo Stashin
- Soloist, Violin – John Corigliano (2)
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 0.7 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory