This is one of those vinyls – especially one of those SXL-Deccas – that’s a “must be” in every vinyl collection; the legendary SXL 6000. The maestro conducts himself.
Complete new rip – with the new phono-amp and the new cart
# Composer: Aram Khachaturian
# Orchestra: Vienna Philarmonic Orchestra
# Conductor: Aram Khachaturian
# Vinyl (1962)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: Decca
# DR-Analysis: DR 11
# ASIN CD: B00004C8TA
# Size: 930 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Khachaturian’s popular ballet scores benefit from his vigorous leadership and the surprisingly idiomatic playing of the Vienna Philharmonic. All the favorite crowd-pleasers are here, including the Sabre Dance. This pairing of ballet suites was a demonstration disc back in LP days and the engineering is still impressive.
Analyzed folder: /96kKha_SpaGa/96k Khatchaturian – Spartacus-Gayaneh
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR11 -1.67 dB -18.14 dB A1 Spartacus – Adagio of Spartacus and Phrygia.wav
DR10 -1.63 dB -14.17 dB A2 Spartacus – Variation of Aegina – Bacchanalia.wav
DR11 -0.82 dB -15.40 dB A3 Spartacus – Scene And Dance with Crotalums.wav
DR10 -0.84 dB -15.15 dB A4 Spartacus – Scene of the Gaditanae Maidens – Victory of Spartacus.wav
DR10 -1.11 dB -12.86 dB B1 Gayaneh – Sabre Dance.wav
DR11 -2.41 dB -18.01 dB B2 Gayaneh – Ayesha’s Dance.wav
DR9 -1.11 dB -12.25 dB B3 Gayaneh – Lezghinka.wav
DR14 -6.04 dB -25.06 dB B4 Gayaneh – Gayaneh’s Adagio.wav
DR10 -1.45 dB -14.57 dB B5 Gayaneh – Gopak.wav
Number of files: 9
Official DR value: DR11
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- NEW! Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Phono stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with ClickRepair, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory