Reposted with FF links
Curzon delivers one of his best ‘performances’ of Grieg’s Piano Concerto, with plenty of drive, a touch of aristocracy and a believably ‘live’ sounding aural experience on disc. He was notoriously difficult to please and refused publication of many of his otherwise good recordings. This one was not a problem and that is a guide as to its musical quality. It achieved ‘reference’ status almost immediately and has never slipped from that position in the 60 years since which is a remarkable achievement.
# Composer: Edvard Grieg, César Franck, Henry Litolff
# Performer: Clifford Curzon
# Orchestra: London Philarmonic Orchestra, London Symphony Orchestra
# Conductor: Øivin Fjeldstad, Sir Adrian Boult
# Vinyl (1959)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: Decca
# DR-Analysis: DR 13
# Size: 926 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
|–Grieg*, Clifford Curzon With The London Symphony Orchestra* Conducted By Øivin Fjeldstad||Piano Concerto In A Minor, Op. 16|
|A1||–||1st Mov: Allegro Molto Moderato||12:46|
|A2||–||2nd Mov: Adagio||6:05|
|A3||–||3rd Mov: Allegro Moderato Molto E Marcato||10:28|
|B1||–Franck*, Clifford Curzon With The London Philharmonic Orchestra* Conducted By Sir Adrian Boult||Variations Symphoniques||15:28|
|B2||–Litolff*, Clifford Curzon With The London Philharmonic Orchestra* Conducted By Sir Adrian Boult||Scherzo From Concerto Symphonique No. 4, Op. 102||7:34|
Analyzed folder: /96k Grieg – Piano Concerto – Curzon
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -0.47 dB -19.75 dB A1 Grieg, Piano Concerto In A Minor, Op. 16 – Allegro Molto Moderato.wav
DR13 -6.31 dB -25.07 dB A2 Grieg, Piano Concerto In A Minor, Op. 16 – Adagio.wav
DR12 -0.85 dB -17.48 dB A3 Grieg, Piano Concerto In A Minor, Op. 16 – Allegro Moderato Molto E Marcato.wav
DR12 -1.60 dB -20.00 dB B1 Franck, Variations Symphoniques.wav
DR16 -1.19 dB -21.74 dB B2 Litolff, Scherzo From Concerto Symphonique No. 4, Op. 102.wav
Number of files: 5
Official DR value: DR13
- Composed By – Franck* (tracks: B1), Grieg* (tracks: A1 to A2.b), Litolff* (tracks: B2)
- Conductor – Sir Adrian Boult (tracks: B1, B2), Øivin Fjeldstad (tracks: A1 to A2.b)
- Engineer [Uncredited] – Alan Reeve (tracks: A1 to A2.b), James Brown (13) (tracks: B1), Kenneth Wilkinson (tracks: B2)
- Mastered By – D (36)
- Orchestra – London Philharmonic Orchestra* (tracks: B1, B2), London Symphony Orchestra, The (tracks: A1 to A2.b)
- Piano – Clifford Curzon
- Producer [Uncredited] – John Culshaw
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II + Special Edition Denon DL 103 -> Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5 -> Wave 32 bit/96 kHz
- Light de-Clicking with ClickRepair, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
You hear some clicks and pops here and there?
I better let some light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- Converting Wave 32bit/96kHz -> Flac 24bit/96kHz: Twisted Wave
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory