Reposted, now with FF links
# Composer: Johannes Brahms
# Orchestra: Chicago Symphony Orchestra
# Conductor: Sir Georg Solti
# Vinyl (1978)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: London (Decca)
# DR-Analysis: DR 14
# ASIN: B0000041Z5
# Size: 911 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
This Brahms 3rd Symphony with Sir Georg Solti/Chicago Symphony is one of Solti’s better recordings in Chicago. Recorded in 1979, just before the Digital age and technology took over, this is a beautiful, smooth and creamy recording with rich bass and nice mid range. Solti is intense but never driven, and he knows just how much intensity to put into Brahms without over-driving him and making the music become melodramatic or vulgar. The sound London’s engineers got in these recordings is better than for the Solti/Chicago Beethoven Symphonies recorded earlier that decade, 1972-74.
Solti recorded the Brahms Symphonies at Medinah Temple, Chicago, in 1978 and 1979, while Orchestra Hall was undergoing the first of several long-needed acoustical makeovers. Reiner, Solti’s exacting predecessor, recorded many seminal performances there after engineers assured him that Medinah’s acoustics exceeded those of Orchestra Hall as it then existed. The building, dating to 1912, still stands on the Near North Side of Chicago, having been granted landmark status by the city on June 27, 2001. The sound is rich and warm, somewhat comparable to that of Jesus Christus-Church in Berlin, a venue chosen by von Karajan for its acoustical majesty. Overrall, sonic perfection from a world-class orchestra.
|Symphony No. 3 In F Major, Op. 90|
|1||Allegro Con Brio||13:52|
|5||Academic Festival Overture||10:35|
Analyzed folder: /96k Brahms – Symphony 3 – Solti
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -1.65 dB -19.37 dB A1 Synphony No. 3 F-Major Op. 90, 1. Allegro Con Brio-Un Poco Sostenuto-Tempo I.wav
DR14 -4.76 dB -24.47 dB A2 Synphony No. 3 F-Major Op. 90, 2. Andante.wav
DR15 -6.66 dB -26.59 dB B1 Synphony No. 3 F-Major Op. 90, 3. Poco Allegretto.wav
DR13 -1.52 dB -18.84 dB B2 Synphony No. 3 F-Major Op. 90, 4 Allegro-Un Poco Sostenuto.wav
DR14 -0.34 dB -18.46 dB B3 Academic Festival Ouverture.wav
Number of files: 5
Official DR value: DR13
- Composed By – Johannes Brahms
- Conductor – Sir Georg Solti
- Engineer – Colin Moorfoot, Kenneth Wilkinson
- Liner Notes – Lionel Salter
- Orchestra – Chicago Symphony Orchestra
- Producer – James Mallinson
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II + Special Edition Denon DL 103 -> Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5 -> Wave 32 bit/96 kHz
- Light de-Clicking with ClickRepair, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
You hear some clicks and pops here and there?
I better let some light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- Converting Wave 32bit/96kHz -> Flac 24bit/96kHz: Twisted Wave
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory