Thank you very much Jean-Luc
Beeing myself Rachmaninov 😉 I cannot comment properly….
OK, jokes apart, I want to give the ball to you all, because I’ve heard so many interpreters of Rachmaninov’s concerti, that I’m afraid, I wouldn’t be neutral. Let me say, this is a melanconic Rachmaninov played by a very young Ashkenazy and the sound is quiet good. Enjoy!
# Composer: Sergej Rachmaninov
# Performer: Vladimir Ashkenazy
# Orchestra: Moscow Philarmonic Orchestra
# Conductor: Kyril Kondrashin
# Vinyls (1964)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: FLAC
# Label: Decca
# DR-Analysis: DR 13
# Size: 1.01 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
|Piano Concerto No. 2 In C Minor, Op. 18|
|A2||II Adagio Sostenuto||10:45|
|B1||III Allegro Scherzando||11:25|
|Etudes-Tableaux Op. 39|
|B2||Etudes-Tableaux Op. 39 No. 1||2:55|
|B3||Etudes-Tableaux Op. 39 No. 2||7:25|
|B4||Etudes-Tableaux Op. 39 No. 5||5:20|
Analyzed folder: /96k Rachmaninov – Piano Concerto No. 2 – Ashkenazy-Kondrashin
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR12 -0.90 dB -18.99 dB A1 Piano Concerto No. 2 In C Minor, Op. 18 – 1, Moderato.wav
DR14 -4.10 dB -24.33 dB A2 Piano Concerto No. 2 In C Minor, Op. 18 – 2, Adagio Sostenuto.wav
DR13 -0.28 dB -19.05 dB B1 Piano Concerto No. 2 In C Minor, Op. 18 – 3, Allegro Scherzando.wav
DR11 -3.82 dB -20.00 dB B2 Etudes-Tableaux Op. 39 No. 1.wav
DR15 -2.88 dB -26.73 dB B3 Etudes-Tableaux Op. 39 No. 2.wav
DR12 -0.94 dB -18.77 dB B4 Etudes-Tableaux Op. 39 No. 5.wav
Number of files: 6
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Vintage (1979) Luxman L-55A
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 0.7 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory