All thanks for this beauty go to our friend Bob
Written in 1810, this frothy little farce reflects the then-current fashion for “Turkish” themes. The overture is fizzingly brilliant, leading to a sequence of ten numbers, only three of them arias, including two for Abu Hassan’s wife, Fatime. The plot involves the machinations of Abu Hassan to get himself out of debt, with the Caliph (one of the three speaking roles) finally awarding him a thousand gold pieces. Sawallisch conducts a brilliant performance, with Nicolai Gedda in the title role pointing his music lightly, with Edda Moser vibrantly as his wife, and with Kurt Moll superb as the grasping money lender, Omar.
This come with first rate sound, engineered in 1975 by an EMI-Electrola team.
# Composer: Carl Maria von Weber
# Performer: Edda Moser, Nicolai Gedda, Kurt Moll
# Orchestra: Chorus & Orchestra of the Bavarian State Opera, Munich
# Conductor: Wolfgang Sawallisch
# Vinyl (1975)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: EMI
# DR-Analysis: DR 14
# Size: 961 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Analyzed folder: /96k von Weber – Abu Hassan
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR14 -0.36 dB -20.52 dB sideA.wav
DR14 -0.13 dB -19.04 dB sideB.wav
Number of files: 2
Official DR value: DR14
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: Audio Technica AT 33 E MC
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Vintage (1979) Luxman L-55A
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 0.7 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory