Composed in 1888 the Fifth Symphony is generally considered to be the most attractive of Tchaikovsky’s major works. When he first began writing the symphony he was suffering from a deep depression. However, he moved to the countryside and his state of mind became much more relaxed, enjoying the peace and quiet, gaining a new-found pleasure from his garden. This E minor Symphony reflects all the violent and conflicting emotions that he was experiencing at the time of its composition.
Composer: Peter Tchaikovsky
Orchestra: Philharmonia Orchestra
Conductor: Riccardo Muti
Number of Discs: 1
Size: 972 MB
Muti and the Philharmonians provide a grey and sombre opening Andante – Allegro con anima that gives way to increased weight and power. One, however, wonders if Muti is keeping something in reserve. The principal elements of melancholy and beauty are blended to considerable effect in the Andante cantabile, con alcuna licenza, although the speeds feel rather too measured. Here Muti builds up great tension in a moving interpretation. In the Valse – Allegro moderato the infectious playing is light with a convincing lilt. With highly authoritative playing the Philharmonia convey a triumphant mood in the Finale: Andante maestoso – Allegro vivace movement. I found the recording clear, bright and fairly close.
|Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 5 In E Minor, Op. 64|
|A1||I. Andante – Allegro Con Anima||15:37|
|A2||II. Andante Cantabile, Con Alcuna Licenza – Moderato Con Anima||13:43|
|B1||III. Valse (Allegro Moderato)||6:10|
|B2||IV. Finale (Andante Maestro – Allegro Vivace)||12:05|———————————————————————————————-
Analyzed folder: /96k Leopold Mozart – Peasant Marriage
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR15 -1.12 dB -19.74 dB A Musikalische Schlittenfahrt In F.aif
DR13 -1.08 dB -18.28 dB B1 Sinfonia In D ‘Die Bauernhochzeit’.aif
DR14 -0.40 dB -18.11 dB B2 Sinfonia Burlesca In G.aif
Number of files: 3
Official DR value: DR14
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
DL from FileFactory