All thanks for this go to Lemarquis
Three British musicians and scholars founded Pro Cantione Antiqua in the ’60’s. They were tenor James Griffett, countertenor Paul Esswood, and conductor Mark Brown, joined by conductor and musicologist Bruno Turner. Its primary era of emphasis is the Renaissance era, the richest outpouring of polyphonic composition in history.
In addition to its Renaissance repertory, the PCA also sings considerable amounts of Medieval music. The group is comprised of the following soloists, all, of them prominent in recital and opera: Paul Esswood, Robin Tyson, James Bowman, Timothy Penrose, and Robert Harre Jones (countertenors), James Griffett, Ian Partridge, Joseph Cornwell, and Andrew King (tenors), and Stephen Roberts, Michael George, Adrian Peacock, and David Beavan (basses/baritones).
Music from the Tudor times. Music was an important facet of elite sixteenth century culture. It played a part in every aspect of court life – processions, fanfares announcing the monarch’s approach, coronations, funerals and baptisms, music in the Privy Chamber, and music for the pageants and masques that entertained the court. Additionally, it was an integral part of religious worship…..
Continue reading –>HERE<–
Composer: Anonymous, John Taverner, Osbert Parsley, John Sheppard
Performer: Pro Cantione Antiqua London
Number of discs: 1
Label: Harmonia Mundi
DR-Analysis: DR 12
Size: 956 MB
|A1||Kyrie ” Orbis Factor “|
|A2||Missa Sin Nomine ( ” The Meane Mass ” ) Zu 5 Stimmen|
|B1||Lamentationes Zu 5 Stimmen|
|B2||” Playnsong Mass For A Meane ” Zu 4 Stimmen|
Analyzed folder: /96k Musik Der Tudor-Zeit
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -0.84 dB -19.04 dB A Anonymous-John Taverner – Kyrie ‘Orbis Factor’ Missa Sin Nomine (The Meane Mass) For 5 Voices.aif
DR11 -1.33 dB -16.53 dB B1 Osbert Parsley – Lamentationes For 5 Voices.aif
DR12 -0.66 dB -17.96 dB B2 John Sheppard – ‘Playnsong Mass For A Meane’ For 4 Voices.aif
Number of files: 3
Official DR value: DR12
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciated.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.