Got this marvellous London Blue Back for “an apple and an egg” somewhen from ebay – is ultra-expensive on Decca (SXL 2017)
Due to few reported errors on unpacking the archives, I made new archives – if yours from May 2013 work well, you don’t need these new rars.
# Composer: Igor Stravinsky
# Orchestra: L’Orchestre De La Suisse Romande
# Conductor: Ernest Ansermet
# Vinyl (1955)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: FLAC
# Label: London (Decca)
# DR-Analysis: DR 16
# ASIN: B000004242
# Size: 850 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Ernest Ansermet’s authority in the music of Stravinsky was unsurpassed: he had a close working relationship with the composer for a quarter of a century and was involved in the original productions of a number of his most significant works including The Firebird, The Rite of Spring, Petrushka, The Soldier’s Tale, The Song of the Nightingale and Pulcinella. Ansermet’s recordings, which were both meticulous and inspired, were the ones to have even after Stravinsky himself took up the baton.
This is a very early stereo recording that is considered state of the art both artistically and sonically right through the LP era.
Analyzed folder: /96k Stravinsky – The Fire Bird – Ansermet
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR17 -4.13 dB -27.77 dB A Stravinsky – The Fire Bird – Side A.wav
DR15 -0.75 dB -22.32 dB B Stravinsky – The Fire Bird – Side B.wav
Number of files: 2
Official DR value: DR16
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- System: Denon DL 103
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory