Many many thanks to Jean-Luc for this precious gem
Antal Dorati was largely underrated because he was overshadowed by such eminent, brand-name conductors as Karajan, Bernstein, Mehta and Solti. But Dorati’s legacy lives on through copious record albums. Dorati was no stranger to Classical, Romantic and 20th century repertoire as his records attest.This is one of the most vibrant, epic and expressive Eroica, in the market, whose historical trace is still taken into account by critics and great audiences. And the superb stature of this version makes me wonder about the hidden reason of not having been released on CD all the time. Only some months ago it is now available on the newest Living Presence collection. This is an overwhelming performance.
# Composer: Ludwig van Beethoven
# Orchestra: Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra
# Conductor: Antal Dorati
# Vinyl (1957)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: Mercury
# DR-Analysis: DR: 14
# Size: 961 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Analyzed folder: /96k LvB – Symphony No. 3 ‘Eroica’ – Dorati
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR15 -0.77 dB -21.80 dB A1 Sinfonie Nr. 3 Es-dur Op. 55 ‘Eroica’ – Allegro Con Brio.wav
DR17 -1.76 dB -26.11 dB A2 Sinfonie Nr. 3 Es-dur Op. 55 ‘Eroica’ – Marcia Funebre (Adagio Assai).wav
DR11 -1.27 dB -18.84 dB B1 Sinfonie Nr. 3 Es-dur Op. 55 ‘Eroica’ – Scherzo (Allegro Vivace).wav
DR12 -0.78 dB -18.06 dB B2 Sinfonie Nr. 3 Es-dur Op. 55 ‘Eroica’ – Finale (Allegro Molto).wav
Number of files: 4
Official DR value: DR14
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 0.7 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory