Many thanks to Jean-Luc for this beatiful vinyl
While I love the Mercury Living Presence label, I have generally shied away from the Frederick Fennell and the Eastman Wind Ensemble titles. Their repertoire has always struck me as uninteresting “light” fare, but the exception is this Mozart’s Serenade. Not only do we get a delightful, impeccably performed Mozart nugget in Serenade No. 10; of course, the glorious MLP sound makes this recording absolutely worthwhile.
# Composer: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
# Performer: Eastman Wind Ensemble
# Conductor: Frederick Fennell
# Vinyl (19??)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: Mercury
# DR-Analysis: DR: 12
# Size: 1.06 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Analyzed folder: /96k WAM – Serenade K361 – Fennell
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR11 -1.59 dB -17.75 dB A1 Serenade No. 10 in B-Flat Major, K. 361- I. Largo. Molto allegro.wav
DR12 -0.57 dB -17.46 dB A2 Serenade No. 10 in B-Flat Major, K. 361- II. Menuetto.wav
DR12 -5.54 dB -20.45 dB A3 Serenade No. 10 in B-Flat Major, K. 361- III. Adagio .wav
DR13 -0.77 dB -17.56 dB B1 Serenade No. 10 in B-Flat Major, K. 361- IV. Menuetto. Allegretto.wav
DR12 -2.16 dB -18.84 dB B2 Serenade No. 10 in B-Flat Major, K. 361- V. Romance. Adagio.wav
DR13 -1.59 dB -19.45 dB B3 Serenade No. 10 in B-Flat Major, K. 361- VI. Tema con variazioni.wav
DR12 -0.68 dB -16.21 dB B4 Serenade No. 10 in B-Flat Major, K. 361- VII. Finale. Molto allegro.wav
Number of files: 7
Official DR value: DR12
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Vintage (1980) Marantz PM6
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 0.7 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory