Many thanks to Trottar for this rarity
Noël Lee (December 25, 1924 – July 15, 2013) was an American classical pianist and composer.
Born in 1924 in Nanjing, China, Lee studied music in Lafayette, Indiana, then attended Harvard University, studying with Walter Piston, Irving Fine, and Tillman Merritt and was also a student at the Longy School of Music in the early 1940s. Following World War II, he traveled to Paris where he studied music with Nadia Boulanger and was a friend of Douglas Allanbrook. He composed orchestral, chamber, piano, vocal, and film music. In addition, he completed several unfinished piano works by Franz Schubert, and composed cadenzas for piano concertos by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Ludwig van Beethoven. He was also well known for his piano accompaniment.
Composer: Igor Stravinsky
Performer: Noel Lee
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 14
Size: 805 MB
Lee was a visiting professor at Brandeis University, Cornell University, and Dartmouth College. He received numerous awards throughout his career, an award from the American Academy of Arts and Letters for his creative work in 1959, and from France, twice laureate of the Fondation de France, in 1998, the grade of Commandeur of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres, and, in 1999, from the city of Paris, the Grand Prix de la Musique.
Lee’s first recordings were for the Valois label of Michel Bernstein. He recorded, together with French pianist Christian Ivaldi, the complete works for four hands by Schubert for the label Arion. He was the pianist for the American violinist Paul Makanowitzki (1920-1998), the Dutch baritone Bernard Kruysen (1933-2000) and the French soprano Anne-Marie Rodde. As a pianist, he toured on six continents and recorded 198 LPs and CDs since 1955, particularly of Schubert (including the complete sonatas), Debussy, Ravel, Charles Ives, Bartók, Stravinsky, Aaron Copland and Elliott Carter. Thirteen of these have received a Grand Prix du Disque.
|Four Etudes, Op. 7||(8:19)|
|Serenade In A||(11:36)|
Analyzed folder: /96k Stravinsky – Music For Piano – Lee
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR15 -1.44 dB -22.30 dB A1 Sonata.aif
DR14 -0.37 dB -18.99 dB A2 Four Etudes, Op. 7.aif
DR14 -1.88 dB -20.85 dB A3 Ragtime.aif
DR15 -3.81 dB -24.41 dB B1 Serenade In A.aif
DR14 -0.72 dB -18.35 dB B2 Piano-Rag-Music.aif
DR14 -1.95 dB -20.88 dB B3 Tango.aif
DR13 -1.43 dB -18.91 dB B4 Circus Polka.aif
Number of files: 7
Official DR value: DR14
- Art Direction [Art Director] – William S. Harvey
- Artwork [Cover Art] – Bill Hoffman (3)
- Composed By – Igor Stravinsky
- Coordinator [Coordination] – Teresa Stone
- Engineer [Engineering] – Peter Willemoës
- Liner Notes – Eric Salzman
- Piano – Noël Lee
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.