Many thanks to Trottar for this gift
Hungarian-German Pianist Julian von Karolyi (19914-1993) studied with Erno Dohnanyi and Alfred Cortot. He excelled in the romantic repertoire and possessed a prodigious virtuoso technique. He was particularly known for his interpretations of Chopin and Liszt. Von Karolyi has recorded for both Deutsche Gramophone and Electrola. The main attraction is Karolyi’s playing, a combination of deeply probing intellect, an exquisite touch and discerning dynamics in the delicate moments, stupendous virtuosity, and musicianship of the highest level.
Composer: Franz Liszt
Performer: Julian Von Karolyi
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 13
Size: 1.06 GB
Analyzed folder: /96k Julian Von Karolyi Playes Liszt
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR14 -0.54 dB -19.48 dB A Sonata In B Minor, G.178.aif
DR13 -0.98 dB -19.19 dB B1 Liebestraeume No. 3 (O Lieb’, So Lang Du Lieben Kannst), G.541.aif
DR12 -4.25 dB -21.02 dB B2 Waldesrauschen (Concert Study No. 1) G.145.aif
DR14 -7.83 dB -25.23 dB B3 Gnomenreigen (Concert Study No. 2) G.145.aif
DR13 -2.16 dB -21.05 dB B4 Valse Oubliee (No.1) G.21.aif
DR14 -1.44 dB -19.80 dB B5 Rapsodie Espagnole, G.254.aif
Number of files: 6
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section.
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
A few words about the way i’ve been cleaning vinyl records and post-processing rips, since summer 2017: After washing and recording the vinyl, I use a kind of mixed cleaning of the rip, which consists of mostly manual rather than automatic de-clicking, (the latter only on unimportant passages, such as end of the groove, beginning and end of the songs, applause, speaking). I often leave the rips almost rough, de-clicking only the silences between the tracks. Never de-noising or/and EQ, as unfortunately some do. I prefer to hear a bit of quiet noises of the clean groove, that contain something of the music, rather than generate clinically clean files that may, eventually, sound a bit dead. If you do not agree, do not download my rips and buy instead digital files or CDs.
When I listen to music I “don’t hear” any noise: I enjoy the music 😀
I do not make rips for headphones!
- Software: iZotope RX 5 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.18
- Very careful de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removed, never de-noising
- Wave 32/192(32/384) —> Flac 24/96 & 24/192: Twisted Wave 1.18
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciated.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !