Many thanks to our friend Jean-Luc for this gem
Haydn’s piano sonatas are relatively obscure yet the music is beautiful. Perhaps some of it goes back to its historical context as Haydn composed when the keyboard technology was transitioning from the harpsichord to piano. Alfred Brendel offers fine performances. For listeners who enjoy piano sonatas by Beethoven and Mozart and listen to the solo piano works of Brahms and Chopin, this fine album fits right in. These sonatas are played flawlessly. Each enlightens me about Papa Haydn’s genius, but the pianist must reveal that genius with the composer’s passion and compassion, as well as his own, and Alfred Brendel does so…………so magnificently.
# Composer: Joseph Haydn
# Performer: Alfred Brendel
# Vinyl (1984)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: Philips
# DR-Analysis: DR: 14
# Size: 998 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Analyzed folder: /96k Haydn – Piano Sonatas 32, 34, 42 – Brendel
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR15 -0.45 dB -18.37 dB A1 Piano Sonata In B-Minor Hob. XVI- 32 – 1. Allegro Moderato.wav
DR12 -6.20 dB -22.43 dB A2 Piano Sonata In B-Minor Hob. XVI- 32 – 2. Menuet (Tempo Di Menuet).wav
DR13 -1.26 dB -17.82 dB A3 Piano Sonata In B-Minor Hob. XVI- 32 – 3. Finale (Presto).wav
DR14 -3.16 dB -21.59 dB A4 Piano Sonata In D-Major Hob. XVI- 42 – 1. Andante Con Espressione.wav
DR14 -0.74 dB -18.47 dB A5 Piano Sonata In D-Major Hob. XVI- 42 – 2. Vivace Assai.wav
DR12 -2.69 dB -18.53 dB B1 Piano Sonata In E-Minor Hob. XVI- 34 – 1. Presto.wav
DR17 -0.22 dB -22.33 dB B2 Piano Sonata In E-Minor Hob. XVI- 34 – 2. Adagio.wav
DR12 -4.36 dB -20.28 dB B3 Piano Sonata In E-Minor Hob. XVI- 34 – 3. Vivace Molto, Innocentemente.wav
DR13 -0.29 dB -17.80 dB B4 Fantasia In C-Dur Hob. XVII- 4.wav
DR17 -2.16 dB -24.51 dB B5 Adagio In F-Dur Hob. XVII- 9.wav
Number of files: 10
Official DR value: DR14
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 0.7 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory