Many thanks to Jean-Luc for this beautiful music
No one even came close to recording the Beethoven Sonatas as well as Oistrakh and Oborin, the two play as though they were one.
While one can argue that the tempos may stray from Beethoven’s markings, I dare you to try to find a recording more full of emotion and warmth and that is the most important element to me. Music means nothing if it has no feeling even if it is perfectly executed. The melodies soar like they should and Beethoven would have no choice but to smile if he heard these performances.
It may be true that some or even many of Oistrakh’s recordings do not sound unlike a performance in a tin can, that is simply not the case here.
Composer: Ludwig van Beethoven
Performer: David Oistrakh, Lev Oborin
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 14
Size: 1 GB
Analyzed folder: /96k LvB – Violin Sonatas Vol.4 – Oistrakh, Oborin
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -0.67 dB -17.45 dB A1 Sonata for Violin and Piano No.9 in A, Op.47 – ‘Kreutzer’ – 1. Adagio sostenuto – Presto.aif
DR15 -3.17 dB -22.19 dB A2 Sonata for Violin and Piano No.9 in A, Op.47 – ‘Kreutzer’ – 2. Andante con variazioni.aif
DR13 -1.45 dB -19.10 dB B1 Sonata for Violin and Piano No.9 in A, Op.47 – ‘Kreutzer’ – 3. Finale (Presto).aif
DR13 -0.86 dB -18.96 dB B2 Sonata for Violin and Piano No.4 in A minor, Op.23 – 1. Presto.aif
DR15 -2.13 dB -22.62 dB B3 Sonata for Violin and Piano No.4 in A minor, Op.23 – 2. Andante scherzoso, piu’ allegretto.aif
DR13 -0.60 dB -19.70 dB B4 Sonata for Violin and Piano No.4 in A minor, Op.23 – 3. Allegro molto.aif
Number of files: 6
Official DR value: DR14
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
My rips are almost rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory