Many thanks to Jean-Luc for this gem
Direct comparisons between Haebler and Uchida reveal that Haebler possessed a gentler, lyrical style. Whereas Uchida pointedly punctuates every accent, Haebler’s long lyrical lines reveal more of Mozart’s beauty. The differences are obvious from the get-go. Whereas Uchida blazes through some Sonatas (sounding oh so modern) Haebler allows the music to breath. In so doing, Mozart’s musical lines flourish.
Composer: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Performer: Ingrid Haebler
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 13
Size: 1.04 GB
Although Uchida’s Mozart is beautiful, I have never understood why Philips replaced almost all of Haebler’s recordings in the present set with Uchida’s when putting together their Complete Mozart Edition. To me Uchida sounds calculated rather than spontaneous, as if she set out to prove that this music is the most delicate, sensitive, and profound music ever written, and this resulted in an intellectual distancing of the music that sets up a barrier between what Mozart wrote and what we hear. To me, listening to Uchida play Mozart is like listening to the music through the equivalent of the gauze filter cinematographers use to denote flashbacks or hide the wrinkles on an aging cast.
|Sonate D-Dur, KV 576|
|Sonate Es-Dur, KV 282|
|B1||Rondo A-Moll KV 511
|Sonate C-Dur, KV 330|
Analyzed folder: /96k Piano Sonatas 282, 330, 511, 576 – Haebler
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR12 -3.36 dB -18.61 dB A1 WAM – Sonate D-Dur KV 576 – Allegro.aif
DR13 -6.24 dB -24.50 dB A2 WAM – Sonate D-Dur KV 576 – Adagio.aif
DR12 -0.70 dB -17.31 dB A3 WAM – Sonate D-Dur KV 576 – Allegretto.aif
DR12 -7.64 dB -24.79 dB A4 WAM – Sonate Es-Dur KV 282 – Adagio.aif
DR14 -2.96 dB -22.22 dB A5 WAM – Sonate Es-Dur KV 282 – Minuetto I-II.aif
DR15 -2.28 dB -20.43 dB A6 WAM – Sonate Es-Dur KV 282 – Allegro.aif
DR14 -0.93 dB -19.67 dB B1 WAM – Rondo A-Moll KV 511.aif
DR13 -4.50 dB -21.40 dB B2 WAM – Sonate C-Dur KV 330 – Allegro Moderato.aif
DR15 -3.20 dB -24.51 dB B3 WAM – Sonate C-Dur KV 330 – Andante Cantabile.aif
DR13 -1.31 dB -20.09 dB B4 WAM – Sonate C-Dur KV 330 – Allegretto.aif
Number of files: 10
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
My rips are almost rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory