Reposted, now with FF links
# Composer: Jaques Offenbach
# Orchestra: Boston Pops Orchestra
# Conductor: Arthur Fiedler
# Vinyl (1959)
# Format: Wave (tracks)
# Label: RCA Living Stereo
# DR-Analysis: DR 13
# ASIN: B000003FD3
# Size: 1.13 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Arthur Fielder was not a great conductor, who created new interpretations of music. But who cares! His work was enjoyable and it brought important music to a broader audience. Not a bas contribution!
Offenbach’s overture to “La Belle Helene”? The piece begins as a crisp pace Most engaging. The piece develops nicely. A nice piece of Offenbachiana. “Tales of Hoffman”? There are several pieces from this work. The shimmering music is typical of Offenbach, engaging. “La Perichole”? Lively, to say the least. This piece gets the toes a tapping! More elegiac parts ensue. Well played.
Analyzed folder: /96kOf_Am/96k Offenbach In America
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -1.27 dB -19.22 dB A1 La Belle Helene – Ouverture.wav
DR12 -3.12 dB -21.16 dB A2 The Tales Of Hoffmann – Intermezzo.wav
DR12 -1.88 dB -17.82 dB A3 Genevieve de Trabant – Galop.wav
DR13 -2.07 dB -20.10 dB A4 La Perichole.wav
DR12 -2.47 dB -20.47 dB B1 La Grand Duchesse de Gerolstein – Ouverture.wav
DR13 -3.10 dB -20.88 dB B2 Les Belles Americaines – Waltz.wav
DR15 -5.46 dB -26.06 dB B3 Musette – Air de Ballet.wav
DR11 -0.00 dB -16.86 dB B4 Orpheus in Hades – Ouverture.wav
Number of files: 8
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- System: Special Edition Denon DL 103
- Phono stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box II
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with ClickRepair, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !