Many thanks to Jean-Luc for this rare gem
The painful new of Suk’s death in 2011 made me rethink about this cruel statement; with his absence has dissapeared the last of the great exponents of the giants of the violin of the Great Middle Europe tradition. This school persisted on the fact to acquire personal expression, character and then the technique. That was the secret we may distinguish Heifetz sound, Stern sound, Nevue sound, Milstein sound, Rabin or Menuhin sounds. And Joseph Suk also belonged to this old school. This version of Dvorak violin concerto still remains among the supreme and until this date – unsurpassed performance – along the musical literature.
In memory of this legendary artist.
Composer: Antonin Dvorak
Performer: Josef Suk
Orchestra: Czech Philarmonic Orchestra
Conductor: Karel Ancerl
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 14
Size: 860 MB
|Concerto In A Minor For Violin And Orchestra, Op. 53|
|A1||I. Allegro, Ma Non Troppo|
|A2||II. Adagio, Ma Non Troppo|
|B1||III. Allegro Giocoso, Ma Non Troppo|
|B2||Romance In F Minor|
Analyzed folder: /96k Dvorak – Violin Concerto – Josef Suk
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR12 -1.57 dB -19.31 dB A1 Dvorak- Konzert Fuer Violine Und Orchester A-moll Op. 53 – 1. Satz- Allegro Ma Non Troppo – Attacca.aif
DR16 -1.71 dB -23.47 dB A2 Dvorak- Konzert Fuer Violine Und Orchester A-moll Op. 53 – 2. Satz- Adagio Ma Non Troppo.aif
DR14 -1.95 dB -20.21 dB B1 Dvorak- Konzert Fuer Violine Und Orchester A-moll Op. 53 – 3. Satz- Finale- Allegro Giocoso, Ma Non Troppo.aif
DR14 -2.30 dB -21.85 dB B2 Romance Op. 11.aif
Number of files: 4
Official DR value: DR14
- Composed By – Antonín Dvořák
- Conductor – Karel Ančerl
- Design [Cover] – František Šlechta
- Liner Notes – Václav Jan Sýkora
- Orchestra – Czech Philharmonic Orchestra
- Violin – Josef Suk
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
My rips are almost rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory