Many thanks to Jean-Luc for this rarity
This recording of Rachmaninov’s The Bells is excellent. An admirer had suggested Rachmaninov set Edgar Allan Poe’s poem, The Bells, to music. Poe’s poem dealt with four important life experiences as expressed in the sounds of different bells (silver – youth, gold – marriage, brass – war, iron – mourning). Rachmaninov set them as a four-movement choral piece, wonderfully capturing the different sounds and moods.
Composer: Sergei Rachmaninov
Performer: Aleksei Bolshakov, Mikhail Dovenman, Ivan Kozlovsky, Yelizaveta Shumskaya
Orchestra: Moscow Philharmonic Orchestra, Bolshoi Theatre Orchestra
Conductor: Kiril Kondrashin, Israel Gusman
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 11
|The Bells – Based on the poem by Edgar Allan Poe|
|A1||Allegro ma non troppo||6:25|
|B3||O Do Not Sing Again||5:30|
|B5||By My Window||2:40|
|B6||How Fair This Spot||2:52|
Analyzed folder: /96k Rachmaninov – The Bells – Kondrashin
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR11 -2.18 dB -18.84 dB A1 Allegro Ma Non Troppo.aif
DR12 -3.12 dB -20.57 dB A2 Lento.aif
DR11 -0.68 dB -17.64 dB B1 Lento Lugubre.aif
DR11 -1.40 dB -16.54 dB B1 Presto.aif
DR11 -3.13 dB -19.78 dB B2 The Dream.aif
DR12 -1.63 dB -19.76 dB B3 O Do Not Sing Again.aif
DR10 -4.05 dB -17.26 dB B4 Spring Waters.aif
DR11 -5.59 dB -20.85 dB B5 By My Window.aif
DR12 -5.79 dB -22.78 dB B6 How Fair This Spot.aif
Number of files: 9
Official DR value: DR11
- Baritone Vocals – Aleksei Bolshakov
- Chorus – RSFSR Russian Chorus*
- Conductor – Kiril Kondrashin
- Orchestra – Moscow Philharmonic Orchestra (tracks: Moscow Philharmonic)
- Producer, Engineer – Aleksander Grosman
- Soprano Vocals – Елизавета Шумская (tracks: Yelizaveta Shumskaya)
- Tenor Vocals – Mikhail Dovenman, Ivan Kozlovsky
- Orchestra –Bolshoi Theatre Orchestra
- Conductor –Israel Gusman
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
My rips are almost rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory