Many thanks to our friend Trottar for this gem
Hungarian born György Cziffra was one of the most celebrated virtuosos of the post-war decades in Europe, noted for his powers of improvisation as a Liszt pianist. The Grieg Concerto is typical of Cziffra’s ‘mercurial quality’ while the Liszt Concerto is very much in the style with which Liszt ‘loved to astonish his adoring audiences’.
Cziffra’s legendary virtuosity and near-superhuman work ethic tended to overshadow the inner turmoil of a man who suffered deeply under the Nazi oppression, and then later from the post-war Hungarian regime, which eventually drove him into exile.
Composer: Edward Grieg, Franz Liszt
Performer: György Cziffra
Orchestra: Philharmonia Orchestra
Conductor: André Vandernoot
Number of Discs: 1
Size: 507 MB
Analyzed folder: /96k (Mono) Grieg, Liszt – Piano Concerti – Cziffra
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -1.99 dB -20.91 dB A1 Grieg, Piano Concerto In A Minor, Op. 16 – Allegro Molto Moderato.aif
DR15 -2.47 dB -23.67 dB A2 Grieg, Piano Concerto In A Minor, Op. 16 – Adagio.aif
DR12 -0.94 dB -17.77 dB A3 Grieg, Piano Concerto In A Minor, Op. 16 – Allegro Moderato Molto E Marcato – Andante Maestoso.aif
DR13 -1.30 dB -19.34 dB B Liszt, Piano Concerto No. 2 In A Major.aif
Number of files: 4
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.