Don’t be surprised by the not-as-good-as-normally quality of the sound – this is a Columbia recording from 1959. Philips, sonically ways superior than CBS, was here only the distributor.
When you hear to the 2nd mov. of Shostakovich’s concerto, don’t forget to breath…that beautiful it is.
# Composer: Dmitri Shostakovich, Maurice Ravel
# Performer: Leonard Bernstein
# Orchestra: Columbia Symphony Orchestra, New York Philarmonic Orchestra
# Conductor: Leonard Bernstein
# Vinyls (1959)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: FLAC
# Label: Philips
# DR-Analysis: DR 10
# Size: 411 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
The Second Piano Concerto of Dmitri Shostakovich has always been a favorite of mine — grand, thoughtful and full of play — and it gets a wonderful performance on this disc with Leonard Bernstein directing the New York Philharmonic as well as serving as soloist. I don’t know that I’ve particularly listened to any other recording of it because after my first hearing of this one I have had no desire to stray.
Analyzed folder: /96kShoRav_PCs_Ber/96k Shostakovic-Ravel – Piano Concertos – Bernstein
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR9 -0.35 dB -12.68 dB A1 Shostakovic – Piano Concerto No. 2 in F major, Op. 102 – Allegro.wav
DR11 -4.31 dB -20.39 dB A2 Shostakovic – Piano Concerto No. 2 in F major, Op. 102 – Andante.wav
DR9 -1.12 dB -12.20 dB A3 Shostakovic – Piano Concerto No. 2 in F major, Op. 102 – Allegro.wav
DR10 -0.72 dB -15.01 dB B1 Ravel – Concerto for Piano and Orchestra No. 1 in E – flat major – Allegro maestoso.wav
DR12 -2.49 dB -18.67 dB B2 Ravel – Concerto for Piano and Orchestra No. 1 in E – flat major – Quasi Adagio – Allegretto vivace – Allegro animato.wav
DR9 -0.99 dB -12.63 dB B3 Ravel – Concerto for Piano and Orchestra No. 1 in E – flat major – Allegro marziale animato – Presto.wav
Number of files: 6
Official DR value: DR10
- RCM: Okki Nokki
- TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Phono stage: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Unison Research Unico Pre (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Light de-Clicking with ClickRepair, significant clicks manually removing, no De-Noising
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate. I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !