Many thanks to our friend Trottar for this state of the Art
I think that this is the best recoding of Chopin’s waltzes ever. Brailowsky’s approach (light, “humourous”) is perfect for them. Alexander Brailowsky has long been one of the most forgotten, underrated pianist there is out there. He is well known for his astounding virtuosity, and his wide breadth of styles. Relatively well known on the Saint-Saens circut, Brailowsky now brings his talent to Chopin.
# Composer: Frederik Chopin
# Pianist: Alexander Brailowsky
# Vinyl (1960)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: Philips
# DR-Analysis: DR 11
# ASIN: not found
# Size: 507 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Analyzed folder: /96k(Mono) Chopin – Walzer – Brailowsky
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR11 -1.07 dB -15.70 dB A1 No. 1 In E Flat.wav
DR11 -0.93 dB -15.46 dB A2 No. 2 In A Flat.wav
DR14 -4.70 dB -22.80 dB A3 No. 3 In A Minor.wav
DR12 -1.64 dB -17.08 dB A4 No. 4 In F Major.wav
DR11 -1.37 dB -15.47 dB A5 No. 5 In A Flat.wav
DR11 -5.06 dB -20.71 dB A6 No. 6 In D Flat.wav
DR11 -3.26 dB -18.33 dB B1 No. 7 In C Sharp.wav
DR10 -2.74 dB -17.52 dB B2 No. 8 In A Flat.wav
DR13 -2.36 dB -20.29 dB B3 No. 9 In A Flat.wav
DR13 -3.20 dB -20.42 dB B4 No. 10 In B Minor.wav
DR13 -2.26 dB -19.39 dB B5 No. 11 In G Flat.wav
DR11 -2.65 dB -16.89 dB B6 No. 12 In F Minor.wav
DR11 -1.97 dB -16.65 dB B7 No. 13 In D Flat.wav
DR10 -1.43 dB -16.27 dB B8 No. 14 In E Minor.wav
Number of files: 14
Official DR value: DR11
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Cartridge: Audio Technica AT 33 E MC
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Vintage (1979) Luxman L-55A
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 0.7 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory