Many thanks to our friend Jean-Luc for this masterpiece
Anyone who thinks Ormandy was the purveyor of the hearts and flowers of “The Philadelphia Sound” and not much else should be compelled to hear this Beethoven 4 with Serkin. It is truly one of the great 4ths; lyrical, unrushed, affectionately rendered, but with no indulgences at all. Serkin loved this concerto with every fiber of his being, but played no games with it. And–make no mistake–he was accompanied by a master. Of the many versions Serkin recorded during his life, this is surely the one to get.
Composer: Ludwig van Beethoven
Performer: Rudolf Serkin
Orchestra: Philadelphia Orchestra
Conductor: Eugene Ormandy
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 12
Size: 1.37 GB
|Concerto No. 4 In G Major For Piano And Orchestra, Op. 58|
|A1||I – Allegro Moderato||19:10|
|B1||II – Andante Com Moto||5:37|
|B2||III – Rondo – Vivace||9:40|
Analyzed Folder: /192k LvB – Piano Concerto No. 4 – Serkin, Ormandy
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -0.44 dB -18.50 dB A Concerto No. 4 For Piano And Orchestra, Op. 58 G Major – 1. Allegro Moderato.flac
DR12 -3.43 dB -22.11 dB B1 Concerto No. 4 For Piano And Orchestra, Op. 58 G Major – 2. Andante Con Moto.flac
DR12 -0.29 dB -17.00 dB B2 Concerto No. 4 For Piano And Orchestra, Op. 58 G Major – 3. Rondo Vivace.flac
Number of Files: 3
Official DR Value: DR12
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section.
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX 5 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.18
- Very careful de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removed, never de-noising
- Wave 32/192(32/384) —> Flac 24/96(24/192): Twisted Wave 1.18
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciated.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !