A feast for heart & ears. Without any doubt, Paganini was the greatest violin virtuous ever lived. By the way: marvellous sound on this reissue!
Stunning album so beautifully played. As can be expected, there are music lovers who relish the technical details of Paganini’s violin concertos, and then there are those who find themselves ever-so-comfortable in the rich and lush romanticism of his quitessentially Italian expressiveness. You may freely count your servant in the latter category: in th eopinion of your servant, no one wrote more exquisitely romantic violin music (with the exception of Pablo de Sarasate) than Niccolo Paganini, and Yehudi Menuhin captures the essence of this romanticism at the highest levels of technicianship and expressive musicality!!! The cadenzas are from an older era, but they are no less technically demanding, and Yehudi Menuhin shows himself more than equal to the task. An absolute benchmark recording for all lovers of violin pyrotechnics, as well as violin students.
Composer: Niccolò Paganini
Orchestra: Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
Conductor: Alberto Erede
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 15
Size: 2.09 GB
|Concerto No. 1 In D Major, Op. 6|
|A1||1st Movement: Allegro Maestoso – Candenza (By Sauret)||15:55|
|A2||2nd Movement: Adagio Espressivo||5:37|
|A3||3rd Movement: Rondo (Allegro Spiritoso)||5:31|
|Concerto No. 2 In B Minor, Op. 7|
|B1||1st Movement: Allegro Maestoso – Candenza (By Baller)||14:17|
|B2||2nd Movement: Adagio||6:20|
|B3||3rd Movement: Rondo (“La Campanella”)||7:00|
Analyzed Folder: /192k Paganini – Violin Concerti 1 and 2 – Menuhin
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR16 -0.27 dB -22.35 dB A1 Violin Concerto No.1 in D, Op.6 – 1. Allegro maestoso.flac
DR14 -6.26 dB -26.69 dB A2 Violin Concerto No.1 In D Major, Op.6, MS.21 – 2. Adagio.flac
DR15 -4.28 dB -25.05 dB A3 Violin Concerto No.1 In D Major, Op.6, MS.21 – 3. Rondo (Allegro spiritoso).flac
DR14 -0.49 dB -20.47 dB B1 Violin Concerto No.2 In B Minor, Op.7, MS. 48 – 1. Allegro maestoso.flac
DR14 -1.05 dB -21.63 dB B2 Violin Concerto No.2 In B Minor, Op.7 – 2. Adagio.flac
DR15 -0.45 dB -21.32 dB B3 Violin Concerto No.2 In B Minor, Op.7 – 3. Rondo a la clochette, ‘La campanella’.flac
Number of Files: 6
Official DR Value: DR15
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section.
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX 5 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.18
- Very careful de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removed, never de-noising
- Wave 32/192(32/384) —> Flac 24/96(24/192): Twisted Wave 1.18
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciated.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !