Many thanks to Jean-Luc for this rarity
The 14th Symphony, a cycle of 11 songs, is a series of meditations of one sort or another on death (or immortality, dissent or loss of some sort), for solo bass and soprano voices, and scored for strings and percussion (made up of castanets, woodblock, three tom toms, whip, bells, vibraphone, xylophone, celesta). The songs are potent indeed, each being a microcosm of some type of pain. Kondrashin gets great playing from the orchestra, with the percussion startling with each of its aggressive entrances. The performance is excellent. Highly recommended.
Composer: Dmitri Shostakovich
Performer: Eugenia Tselovalnik, Eugeni Nesterenko
Orchestra: Ensemble Of Soloists Of Moscow Philharmonic Academic Symphony Orchestra
Conductor: Kirill Kondrashin
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 13
Size: 1.86 GB
Analyzed Folder: /192k Shostakovich – Symphony No. 14 – Kondrashin
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR15 -4.82 dB -27.36 dB A1 Symphony No. 14 – De Profundis.flac
DR13 -0.63 dB -17.87 dB A2 Symphony No. 14 – Malaguena.flac
DR13 -2.18 dB -20.77 dB A3 Symphony No. 14 – Lorelei.flac
DR11 -3.01 dB -21.08 dB A4 Symphony No. 14 – Suicide.flac
DR12 -1.38 dB -19.63 dB A5 Symphony No. 14 – On Guard.flac
DR14 -2.70 dB -23.23 dB B1 Symphony No. 14 – Look Here, Madame.flac
DR15 -1.89 dB -23.81 dB B2 Symphony No. 14 – In The Prison Of Sante.flac
DR11 -0.66 dB -15.02 dB B3 Symphony No. 14 – Zaporozhian Cossack’s Reply To Sultan Of Constantinople.flac
DR12 -3.84 dB -21.65 dB B4 Symphony No. 14 – O Delwig, Delwig.flac
DR15 -4.26 dB -26.19 dB B5 Symphony No. 14 – Death Of A Poet.flac
DR10 -1.07 dB -17.47 dB B6 Symphony No. 14 – Conclusion.flac
Number of Files: 11
Official DR Value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section.
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX 5 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.18
- Very careful de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removed, never de-noising
- Wave 32/192(32/384) —> Flac 24/96(24/192): Twisted Wave 1.18
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciated.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !