Many thanks to our friend Jean-Luc for this
Antal Dorati’s legendary traversal of the Haydn symphonies was for many years the only complete set (by one conductor and orchestra) of the symphonies. Today, although there are some other complete sets as well as many great period performances, Dorati’s cycle still reigns supreme. Dorati manages to make these works still sound fresh and vibrate after two hundred years. There is a level of spontaneity, as well as an ever obvious sense of joy that make the Dorati traversal the best. It may seem like hyperbole, but Dorati is as close as you will get to “perfect” when it comes to Haydn.
Composer: Joseph Haydn
Orchestra: London Symphony Orchestra
Conductor: Antal Dorati
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 13
Size: 1.19 GB
|Symphony No. 101 In D Major (“The Clock”)|
|A1||Adagio – Presto|
|Symphony No. 100 In G Major (“Military”)|
|B1||Adagio – Allegro|
Analyzed folder: /192k Haydn – Symphonies 100 and 101 – Dorati
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -2.64 dB -19.69 dB A1 Symphony in D, H.I No.101 – ‘The Clock’ – 1. Adagio – Presto.aif
DR12 -0.44 dB -19.17 dB A2 Symphony in D, H.I No.101 – ‘The Clock’ – 2. Andante.aif
DR13 -1.98 dB -18.15 dB A3 Symphony in D, H.I No.101 – ‘The Clock’ – 3. Menuet (Allegretto) – Trio.aif
DR13 -1.15 dB -18.13 dB A4 Symphony in D, H.I No.101 – ‘The Clock’ – 4. Finale (Vivace).aif
DR12 -1.29 dB -18.16 dB B1 Symphony in G, H.I No.100 – ‘Military’ – 1. Adagio – Allegro.aif
DR14 -3.42 dB -22.70 dB B2 Symphony in G, H.I No.100 – ‘Military’ – 2. Allegretto.aif
DR13 -0.87 dB -17.73 dB B3 Symphony in G, H.I No.100 – ‘Military’ – 3. Menuet (Moderato).aif
DR13 -0.66 dB -18.44 dB B4 Symphony in G, H.I No.100 – ‘Military’ – 4. Finale ( Presto).aif
Number of files: 8
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
My rips are almost rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory