Many thanks to Mats for this beauty
Once I read, Digital has been discovered only and exclusively for church organ music. I tend to believe it. The Toccata and Fugue lends itself easily to misinterpretation. Having been used as the Big Dark Castle theme in every horror cartoon since 1925, its easy for it’s interpreters to take a bigger, faster, and louder approach to what could be so much more beautiful and restrained. Chorzempa’s interpretation is simply stunning, and possibly like no other version you’ve ever heard. He is able to bring emotion out of passages that you may not have even realized existed. He plays the opening motif in a way that is light, yet grand, and this seems to be his way of interpreting the whole of the piece. The most stunning passage is the second section, where he employs dream-like stop settings and creates a call-and-response interaction between soaring arpeggios. This is not a Toccata and Fugue based on fear and power, but on true yearning and emotion. Simply incredible.
Composer: Johann Sebastian Bach
Performer: Daniel Chorzempa
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 12
Size: 1.98 GB
|A1||Toccata And Fugue In D Minor (BWV 565)||11:44|
|Prelude, Largo (BWV 529 No. 2) And Fugue In C (BWV 545)|
|Prelude And Fugue In E Flat (BWV 552)|
Analyzed folder: /192k JSB – Daniel Chorzempa
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR12 -0.43 dB -17.53 dB A1 Toccata And Fugue In D Minor (BWV 565).aif
DR12 -2.77 dB -19.36 dB A2 Prelude, Largo (BWV 529 No. 2) And Fugue In C (BWV 545).aif
DR12 -0.67 dB -17.17 dB B Prelude And Fugue In E Flat (BWV 552).aif
Number of files: 3
Official DR value: DR12
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
My rips are almost rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory