Thank you BOB my friend, the perfect fitting work for a last hug to the GRANDE MAESTRO Maazel on his last travel. R.I.P.
# Composer: Giacomo Puccini
# Performer: Kiri Te Kanawa, Placido Domingo, Leo Nucci
# Orchestra: London Symphony Orchestra
# Conductor: Lorin Maazel
# Vinyls (1983)
# Number of Discs: 2
# Format: FLAC (tracks)
# Label: CBS
# DR-Analysis: DR 16
# ASIN: B0000025QJ
# Size: 1.49 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
My only comparison of this most underrated opera by Puccini is the release with Anna Moffo on RCA. I never thought to find a version that would be better in almost all relevant points. Now I found it. In terms of playoff matches I would say CBS wins 5:4 over RCA.
This recording of Puccini’s semi-popular opera is absolutely fantastic. Te Kanawa’s pianissimo high notes in “Chi’il bel sogno di Doretta” are brilliantly done, showing she was able to fully master the difficult, yet beautiful, challenges of the role. Domingo’s performance is, as usual, outstanding. Although the opera lacks any tenor arias, Domingo passionately and beautifully expresses his voice throughout the opera like no other (his opening to “Bevo al tuo fresco sorriso” is phenominal). Overall, this recording is a must-buy for the opera fan, especially for those who love Puccini’s intimate melodies.
Analyzed folder: /96kGP_LaRo_Maa/96k Puccini – La Rondine – Kiri Te Kanawa, Placido Domingo, Lorin Maazel
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR17 -0.63 dB -23.71 dB sideA.wav
DR17 -0.26 dB -23.35 dB sideB.wav
DR14 -0.30 dB -20.27 dB sideC.wav
DR16 -0.21 dB -22.29 dB sideD.wav
Number of files: 4
Official DR value: DR16
- Baritone Vocals – Leo Nucci
- Chorus – Ambrosian Opera Chorus, The
- Conductor – Lorin Maazel
- Soprano Vocals – Gillian Knight, Kiri Te Kanawa, Lillian Watson, Mariana Nicolesco
- Tenor Vocals – David Rendall, Placido Domingo
- Written-By – Giacomo Puccini
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
TT: Clearaudio Champion Level II Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird Cartridge: Ortofon Virtus
- Cartridge: Audio Technica AT 33 E MC
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Vintage (1979) Luxman L-55A
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music. Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 1.0 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX Advanced v2.02, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory