Gustav Theodore Holst (born Gustavus Theodore von Holst; 21 September 1874 – 25 May 1934) was an English composer, arranger and teacher. Best known for his orchestral suite The Planets, he composed a large number of other works across a range of genres, although none achieved comparable success. His distinctive compositional style was the product of many influences, Richard Wagner and Richard Strauss being most crucial early in his development. The subsequent inspiration of the English folksong revival of the early 20th century, and the example of such rising modern composers as Maurice Ravel, led Holst to develop and refine an individual style.
Composer: Gustav Holst
Orchestra: B.B.C. Symphony Orchestra, London Philharmonic Orchestra
Conductor: Sir Adrian Boult
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 14
Size: 875 MB
|A||–Holst*, Sir Adrian Boult Conducting The B.B.C. Chorus* And B.B.C. Symphony Orchestra||The Hymn Of Jesus Op. 37
|B1||–Holst*, Sir Adrian Boult Conducting The London Philharmonic Orchestra||The Perfect Fool – Ballet Music, Op. 39
|B2||–Holst*, Sir Adrian Boult Conducting The London Philharmonic Orchestra||Egdon Heath – Op. 47
Analyzed Folder: /96k Holst – The Hymn Of Jesus – Boult
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR15 -0.45 dB -22.36 dB A The Hymn Of Jesus Op. 37.flac
DR13 -0.41 dB -20.72 dB B1 The Perfect Fool – Ballet Music, Op. 39.flac
DR14 -5.52 dB -27.99 dB B2 Egdon Heath – Op. 47.flac
Number of Files: 3
Official DR Value: DR14
- Composed By – Gustav Holst
- Conductor – Sir Adrian Boult
- Engineer [Uncredited] – Alan Reeve (tracks: A), Kenneth Wilkinson (tracks: B1, B2)
- Mastered By – E (24)
- Producer [Uncredited] – Christopher Raeburn (tracks: A), Ray Minshull (tracks: B1, B2)
- Sleeve Notes – Imogen Holst
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section.
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX 5 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.18
- Very careful de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removed, never de-noising
- Wave 32/192(32/384) —> Flac 24/96(24/192): Twisted Wave 1.18
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciated.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !