I’m no musicologist, but I think this is a remarkable recording of Shostakovich’s 5th symphony. This one has overall better production than Bernstein’s New York Philharmonic recording under Sony. Plus, Bernstein tends to conduct under some sort of emotional influence, Haitink does not. But that’s just my humble opinion. All in all, this is an “edge of your seat” kind of recording; loud, aggressive, and wicked! Thank you Maestro Haitink, Royal Concertgebouworkest, and the DECCA team.
# Composer: Dmitri Shostakovich
# Orchestra: Concertogebouw Orchestra Amsterdam
# Conductor: Bernard Haitink
# Vinyl (1981)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: London (Decca)
# DR-Analysis: DR 14
# Size: 964 MB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Analyzed folder: /96k Shostakovich – Symphony No. 5 – Haitink
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR14 -0.55 dB -20.88 dB A1 Symphony No. 5 Op. 47 – 1, Moderato.wav
DR14 -0.53 dB -21.65 dB A2 Symphony No. 5 Op. 47 – 2, Allegretto.wav
DR14 -6.28 dB -27.08 dB B1 Symphony No. 5 Op. 47 – 3, Largo.wav
DR14 -0.44 dB -19.42 dB B2 Symphony No. 5 Op. 47 – 4, Allegro Non Troppo.wav
Number of files: 4
Official DR value: DR14
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Vintage (1979) Luxman L-55A
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 0.7 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory