Many thanks to our friend Dagote for the vinyl
Since the Israel Philharmonic usually plays as a second line orchestra, i never
took this issue seriously. But after listening disastrous readings of those works by Dudamel, i decided to give Lenny a chance, and.. what a big surprise, can this orchestra play! Those are thrilling and first line performances of this basic tchaikovskian repertoire. First of all, a superb and breathtaking Hamlet, that is with no doubt one of the best on record. Lenny explore every texture, note and detail from the score, taking advantage of some wide tempi, delivering a fantastic and unforgettable rendition, comparable to his late Romeo & Juliet with the NYPO. Then we have a very compelling Marche Slave, powerful and energetic, perhaps not so excellent as his old NYPO recording for CBS, but still a very good one. Finally, the Capriccio Italien and 1812 that are delivered with swaggering virtuosity and panache; cannon salvoes, bells and processional brass approach overkill, but with Lenny before a live audience anything could happen, and often did!
Pay attention: due to a converting error, the tracks B1 and B2 were corrupted. Now everything’s OK. Please, DL again.
Composer: Peter Tchaikowsky
Orchestra: Israel Philharmonic Orchestra
Conductor: Leonard Bernstein
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 16
Size: 877 MB
Analyzed Folder: /96k Tchaikowsky – Capriccio Italien, Ouverture 1812 – Bernstein
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR16 -0.62 dB -22.43 dB A1 Hamlet Op. 67.flac
DR14 -0.31 dB -18.66 dB A2 Marche Slave Op. 31.flac
DR16 -0.81 dB -23.35 dB B1 Capriccio Italien.flac
DR17 -0.25 dB -23.88 dB B2 Ouverture 1812.flac
Number of Files: 4
Official DR Value: DR16
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
- Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section.
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
- Software: iZotope RX 5 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.18
- Very careful de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removed, never de-noising
- Wave 32/192(32/384) —> Flac 24/96(24/192): Twisted Wave 1.18
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciated.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !