All thanks fly to Jean-Luc for providing this rare record
Recordings reveal Mravinsky to have an extraordinary technical control over the orchestra, especially over dynamics. He was also a very exciting conductor, frequently changing tempo in order to heighten the musical effect for which he was striving, often making prominent use of brass instrumentation. Surviving videos show that Mravinsky had a sober appearance at the podium, making simple but very clear gestures, often without a baton.
Composer: Peter Tschaikowsky
Orchestra: Leningrader Philharmonie
Conductor: Jewgenij Mrawinskij
Number of Discs: 1
DR-Analysis: DR 11
Size: 862 MB
The critic David Fanning has memorably described some of Mravinsky’s Tchaikovsky performances: “The Leningrad Philharmonic play like a wild stallion, only just held in check by the willpower of its master. Every smallest movement is placed with fierce pride; at any moment it may break into such a frenzied gallop that you hardly know whether to feel exhilarated or terrified”.
In a 1970s interview on Leningrad Television, when asked how he chose a particular interpretation of the music he conducted, Mravinsky explained that he tried to understand what the composer’s intention was by immersing himself in the “atmosphere” of the music (he used the term “atmospherization”).
Analyzed folder: /96k Tchaikowsky – Symphony No. 4 – Mrawinskij
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR10 -1.03 dB -15.63 dB A Sinfonie Nr. 4 F-moll Op. 36 – 1. Satz- Andante Sostenuto – Moderato Con Anima.aif
DR11 -1.81 dB -19.06 dB B1 Sinfonie Nr. 4 F-moll Op. 36 – 2. Satz- Andantino In Modo Di Canzona.aif
DR13 -2.48 dB -21.83 dB B2 Sinfonie Nr. 4 F-moll Op. 36 – 3. Satz- Scherzo- Pizzicato Ostinato – Allegro.aif
DR10 -0.36 dB -14.32 dB B3 Sinfonie Nr. 4 F-moll Op. 36 – 4. Satz- Finale- Allegro Con Fuoco.aif
Number of files: 4
Official DR value: DR11
- Composed By – Peter Tschaikowsky
- Conductor – Jewgenij Mrawinskij
- Engineer [Uncredited] – Harald Baudis
- Orchestra – Leningrader Philharmonie
- Producer [Uncredited] – Karl-Heinz Schneider
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- NEW ! Phono amp: Audio Research SP15 own tube phono section.
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- NEW ! Pre Amp: Audio Research SP15
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
My rips are almost rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Super light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button.
Download from FileFactory