Many thanks to our friend Jean-Luc for this rarity
Undoubtly, the shining star of this recording is the Paganini-Rhapsody, a masterpiece composed by the greatest pianist the world ever saw and whose name I have the honor to use as avatar. A great discovery also was for me is Margrit Weber, a pianist I never heard before. Also great to have some work by the little known composer Alexander Tcherepnin.
# Composer: Sergei Rachmaninov, Alexander Tcherepnin, Carl Maria von Weber
# Performer: Margrit Weber
# Orchestra: Radio-Symphony Orchestra Berlin
# Conductor: Ferenc Fricsay
# Vinyl (1961)
# Number of Discs: 1
# Format: Flac
# Label: DGG
# DR-Analysis: DR: 13
# Size: 1.01 GB
# Scan: yes
# Server: FileFactory
Analyzed folder: /96k Rachmaninov – Paganini’s Rhapsody – Weber, Fricsay
DR Peak RMS Filename
DR13 -0.37 dB -17.68 dB A Rachmaninov – Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, Op. 43.aif
DR13 -0.58 dB -19.03 dB B1 – Tcherepnin – 10 Bagatelles for Piano and Orchestra, op. 5.aif
DR14 -0.41 dB -18.70 dB B2 – Weber – Concert Piece in F minor, Op. 79.aif
Number of files: 3
Official DR value: DR13
- RCM: Okki Nokki (L’art du son, Clearaudio’s Diamond Cleaner)
- TT: Vintage (1982) Yamaha PX-3
Cartridge: Sumiko Black Bird
- Cartridge: ZYX 50R Bloom
- Phono amp: Pro-Ject Phono Box RS
- ADC/DAC: RME Fireface UC
- Pre Amp: Große Vorstufe, Erste Frankfurter Röhrenmanufaktur (Tube)
- Finals: Opera Consonance 9.9 Mono (Tube)
- Speakers: Dali Helikon 400
- Connections: MIT Terminator, Audioquest Emerald, Audioquest Quartz
If You hear some clicks and pops here and there, Who cares?
Id rather have a few light anomalies instead of destroying the music.
Enjoy the music, not the ticks & pops.
I tend more and more, in the last time, to de-click with an automatic setting between 0.7 and 1.2 so you can say, my rips are like half rough rips.
- Software: iZotope RX 4 Advanced, Adobe Audition CS 5.5, Twisted Wave 1.9
- Very light de-clicking with iZotope, significant clicks manually removing, no de-noising
- DR-Analisys before converting to Flac
- Converting Wave -> Flac: Twisted Wave 1.9
- Artwork: Sony Alpha 350, Epson Perfection V750 Pro, Photoshop CS 5.5
If you like what i do, please consider that a little donation would be very appreciate.
I reinvest all donations in maintenance of my rig, for purchasing cleaning solutions and, most important of all, purchasing of new vinyls.
Click on the “Donate”-button. Thank you very much !
Download from FileFactory